Chapter 29

*In the previous chapter.*

Bryony, on seeing Lucario down, said in a frustrated tone, "Ketchum, get rid of them as soon as possible. We just do not have enough time."

Ash said nothing in reply but his actions were about to give the reply when he unclipped a Pokeball from his belt, enlarging it, and tossed it unleashing the Fire Dragon from it.

"Ggggrrraaaahhh!!!"

*Now.*

Charizard, the huge flaming orange dragon, had emerged. He emerged quietly rather than with his signature style mighty roar because he was under control.

Knowing the lizard's strength, Jack and Lance trembled in terror. Lance's Dragonite was somewhat terrified after seeing him. Alain's Charizard was fearless, yet seeing that beast of his kind made him shiver. When Alain saw his Charizard in that condition, he spoke up nervously, "Come on, we can beat him just as we beat Lucario, right?"

"No, Alain, I believe, we can't.", Lance said, solemnly staring at Charizard.

"What?", Alain muttered in disbelief as he turned his gaze to Lance.

Then Jack spoke up, "Lance is correct; It's very hard to beat him now."

Although Alain too was somewhat feared, he spoke out, "We can't give up even if we don't try,"

"Then let's go for it, Jack. All attacks against him must be launched at the same moment! ", Jack stated.

Then everyone there ordered their Pokemons to use the most powerful attacks possible, which their Pokemons did, and they attacked with all their strength, expecting Charizard to faint as a result of their combined efforts. All of their blows then merged to form a beam of white light that was aimed directly towards Charizard, but then Ash said quietly and emotionlessly, "Flamethrower."

Charizard did as he was told and launched a full-force Flamethrower towards the Pokemons' white beam of electricity. The two attacks collided and were cancelling one other out, but only for a split second before Charizard's Flamethrower became overpowered by that power beam.

"Fly and dodge.", Ash commanded, yet from inside, he was hating what he was doing.

But it was too late for Charizard to escape. When Charizard was about to fly away to avoid the attack, he got struck by that beam. The immense strength of the beam drove Charizard against the wall behind him. The impact of Ash's Charizard against the wall made a huge crater in it. He yelled in pain since there were so many very powerful strikes in that beam, but he struggled not to reveal his weaknesses.

"Charizard!", yelled Ash in his mind, concerned. He was trying to go to Charizard to see whether his oldest loyal companion was okay, but his body wouldn't let him. He could only think freely in his head.

However, Ash's controlled body stated, "Get up, we have to complete this right now. Flamethrower. He said this again in a cold tone being unconcerned about Charizard.

"As I mentioned, this worked. Ash, your Pokemon is down.", Alain stated as he saw Charizard within the crater panting.

"No, it's not,", responded Jack, his eyes wide awake, staring at Ash's Charizard.

"What?...", Alain said as he turned his head to the crater and discovered he wasn't there.

When Alain discovered Ash's Charizard had gone from his spot, he started to seek him but was cut off by a loud and ferocious battle cry from above. He saw a dragon flying through the air when he looked up. He was covered in scrapes and bruises, but he felt obliged to fight. Then, at Ash's command, Charizard released Flamethrower from above, covering the entire top of Prism Tower. Because of Charizard's immense attack power, some of the tower's components began to melt, causing the battleground to heat up.

"Go Charizard, Dragon claw right on his face!" yelled Alain as his Charizard flew towards Ash's Charizard in the air, his claws enveloped in the green aura and quickly transforming into gigantic claws of green draconic energy.

Ash's Charizard was then attacked by Alain's Charizard, aiming for his head. Charizard's face was directly in the path of the dragon claw. That attack stunned Charizard, and he was unable to launch his next attack. Then, from his other hand, Alain's Mega Charizard X launched a thunder punch on his stomach, electrocuting him. After that punch hit on him, little sparks ran through his body. Some smoke was also spewing from his body.

"Now Charizard, Flamethrower!", Alain shouted from below.

Then, upon hearing Alain's command, Charizard swooped over Ash's Charizard, who was still stumbling after the attack and released a blue scorching Flamethrower from above at Ash's Charizard. That strike hit him directly on the head, and he was gradually forced back to the ground in front of Ash. Alain's Charizard then stopped.

As the Flamethrower stops, Ash's Charizard was in front of him, kneeling on both hands and knees. Because of the burn, his body began producing smoke from some areas of his skin. But this time, he had his chance when Ash said, still emotionless but concerned about his injured Charizard, "Mega Punch." He wanted to finish it right then, but his body wouldn't let him.

After hearing Ash's order, he abruptly recovered to his senses and slowly moved his head to look up at Alain's Charizard. He gave his Charizard a deadly glance before fully turning back, standing up, flapping his wings slowly, flying, and charging a Mega punch right on Alain's Charizard's stomach. As a result of the attack, Alain's Charizard was thrown to the ground and crashed over it forming a crater.

"Charizard!" yelled Alain, hurrying to his Charizard, who was still in his mega form and was in the crater.

"This is enough! Flash cannon, Metagross!", This time was Steven.

Then, in his mega form, Metagross charged a white beam of light between his four front legs and shot it towards Charizard.

"Flamethrower.", Ash said, quietly.

In reaction to Metagross' Flash cannon, Charizard extended his lethal jaws and fired a massive jet of flames out of them. The two attacks collided, resulting in a boom, however, Metagross' Flash cannon was shot down due to its type disadvantage. In addition, Charizard's attack power was more than his. The Flamethrower was able to land a powerful hit on Metagross in no time.

"Metagross!", Steven concernedly yelled.

"Typhlosion, use Extreme Speed to go beneath him, then Eruption!" Jack commanded his Typhlosion.

Typhlosion did as he was told and dashed beneath Charizard with Extreme speed. He then launched a massive eruption attack that towered over Ash's Charizard and struck him. As a result of the strike, Charizard was thrown off and began to fall to the ground. He struck the ground forming a small crater. Everyone thought it was ended but then Charizard stood up, but he was covered in scrapes and bruises. He then let out a small battle cry. He still wanted to battle.

"How is it even possible after all those hits!?", Alain yelled, surprised at Ash Charizard's durability.

Then Jack said in a low tone, "This is because he has trained and pushed his durability to its limits for the last three years."

But then Serena spoke out, noticing the state of all the Pokemons present, who were completely weary from the struggle, "Ash, stop! I'm sure you're there somewhere! Fight back against that control. I know you can do it!"

Then, from behind, Bryony shouted up in a wicked tone, "This girl talks a lot. Ketchum, finish her quickly,"

"Yes. Flamethrower.", Ash said in a voice devoid of emotion, yet with a little tint of sorrow for anybody to notice.

But in his mind, Ash screamed, "No!!!"

Charizard did as he was commanded and launched a scorching Flamethrower at Serena, but Altaria jumped in front of him to save her trainer. They both closed their eyes in fear as they awaited the attack, but it never arrived because a bipedal Pokemon stood in front of them, deflecting Charizard's Flamethrower with his own.

AS THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...