Chapter 62

*In the previous chapter.*

When Master heard that, he realised exactly what Ash was thinking.

And with this, Ash declared, "So, Master, I'm challenging you to a Pokemon Battle!"

A surge of strength surged through Master's aura as he heard that. And with that, a little grin returned to his face. He then grumbled, "So, Ash, here is your final test... Let the fun begin..."

*Now.*

"What?! Really?! You've challenged Master?! What the heck are you thinking? "yelled Jack over the phone.

"Calm down, Jack. I needed a worthy opponent to put me up to the test, and that's not you, nor Sir Aaron. It had to be Master. ", Ash responded calmly.

"Are you serious, though? You'll never be able to defeat Master. We are both aware of Master's power. Did you forget about our training sessions with him? "Jack inquired.

"Yeah, I remember, and I know that I'll never be able to defeat Master," Ash responded, "but I have to fight toe-to-toe with Master to see if I'm powerful enough."

"Going toe-to-toe with Master is quite a challenge for us," Jack admitted.

"Yes," Ash answered, his tone becoming more solemn.

"Anyway, I'll be there tomorrow. Who would want to miss such an iconic battle! ", Jack exclaimed with glee.

"Yeah," Ash replied before hanging up the phone. He then slipped his phone into his pocket and rested his arms on the balcony railing. He sighed and raised his eyes to the magnificent night sky above him. A cool breeze was blowing in and Ash's hair was waving freely.

But then there was a voice.

"Are you nervous?" That is, without a doubt, Serena. She was dressed in her nightgown, her hands folded and retracted to her chest due to the cold.

"Yes, tomorrow's battle will prove if I'm powerful enough to face Rose," Ash answered without turning her head to her.

Serena gave him a goodwill nod and walked over to him, resting her arms on the balcony railing as well.

"So, other than Incineroar, do you know any of Master's Pokemon?" she inquired.

"Yes, all I know about his Lucario with whom my Lucario trained."

"Then that would be a hard challenge," she remarked.

"Indeed..." he murmured, his gaze fixed on the starry sky.

There was silence for a time after that, and the two just stared at the sky.

But then Serena notices a slight movement in Ash's hands. Her gaze was drawn to them, and she noticed Ash's fists tightening their grip on the railing.

For a brief moment, she was concerned about Ash. She turned to Ash and placed her hand on his shoulder, saying, "You shouldn't be so anxious, Ash. I'm sure you'll do good."

"Yes..." Ash remarked as she finished her sentence. "I hope you'll be correct," he added.

She was concerned when she saw Ash in such a state.

But then, Ash rose from the railing and smashed his hand on it slowly, mumbling, "Man, I've got to come up with a good strategy for tomorrow's battle!"

But then his gaze is drawn to Serena, who seemed to be concerned. His worried expression faded totally after seeing her face. After that, he said to her, "You shouldn't be awake by now, Serena. It's pretty late."