Chapter 17

*In the previous chapter.*

"Pika Pikachu!" and "Pidgaawww!" complained Pikachu and Pidgeot asking why he let them escape.

"This is not the time to do so. I'll destroy them all at once, but the moment hasn't come yet.", with a sneer on his face, Ash remarked.

*Now.*

As Ash approached the campsite, he noticed Master clapping.

"Ash, I'm proud of you. You kicked the miners out of the Mega Valley ", Master stated as he clapped.

"Thank you, Master, but how do you know I was there? I mean, you weren't even there ", 

continued Ash, but was cut off by Master.

"That's why I'm putting you two through the tests. You will encounter the same issues in the near future but at a much higher level. I would not be able to guide you two at that moment. That is why you have been brought here to train."

Ash and Jack were in awe of Master, but they were also concerned because of what Master had told them.

"Does it imply we'll have to fight a large army far more strong than this in the near future?" Jack shook his head, a look of terror on his face.

"I will do it, Master!" Ash said emphatically.

"That's right, my boy. But starting now, I'll provide you two, Aura training. This will assist you in finding a solution in the near future ", Master stated.

"Now come out, old friend," Master said, tossing a Pokeball into the air. It revealed a Lucario.

"Hey," said Lucario through telepathy.

Ash and Jack were in awe of him.

Then Ash's Lucario emerged from his Pokeball as well, because the aura emitted by Master's Lucario was too strong for him, and he felt nervous after witnessing such an aura.

"Wait! Is it the same Lucario who made us come here? ", Ash exclaimed in surprise.

"Ash, you are correct. I was the masked person that beat your Pikachu. It was predestined that I would train you two ", Master said.

Jack just stood there in astonishment and was taken aback by Master's comments.

"Oh! I left something out. Here's a present for you, Jack! ", Master remarked as he grabbed a Pokeball from his pocket. He gave Jack the Pokeball.

"Master, what is this?" Jack inquired.

"It's a Riolu."

"What?!?" exclaimed the two in unison.

"Yes. You and your partner must undergo aura training. You don't have a Lucario like Ash. That's why I'm giving you this. He will be of great assistance to you... When you will have to face the future ", Master said.

"Okay, Master. I'll look after him ", Jack replied as he chucked the Pokeball, releasing a little and adorable Riolu.

"Rioh!"

"Welcome to the family, Riolu," Jack replied, as Ash smiled warmly from behind.

*After some time.*

Jack was resting in the home that they had built with the help of their Pokemon. Ash was having trouble sleeping because he was nervous. Pikachu also awoke as a result of this.

"It seems that I woke you up," Ash murmured quietly, smiling at Pikachu.

"Pikaaa!"

"Shhhh... You're going to wake up Jack."

"Chuu..."

"Would you want to go for a moonlit walk?"

Pikachu gave a nod.

Then Ash and Pikachu emerged from the cottage and proceeded to the moon, where there was a small lake. He sat down and dipped his legs into the icy water of the tiny lake. The weather outdoors was quite chilly. It was almost cold enough for anyone to freeze, yet Ash and Pikachu were unaffected. They were used to it. They'd spent nearly two years of their lives in subzero temperatures, so it wasn't a huge thing to them.

"Pikachu... You know you and my other Pokemons are now the only ones I can call my family," Ash stated as he gazed at the moon.

"Pika Pikachu!" said Pikachu with a frown.

Ash and Pikachu had a close relationship, and as a result, Ash was able to grasp what Pikachu was trying to tell him... At least to some extent.

"Who are my friends?"

"Oh yes, my friends... Brock, Misty, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Clermont, Bonnie, Serena..." Ash began but was interrupted by Pikachu in the middle.

"Pikaa!"

"Serena?"

Pikachu gave a nod.

"Is she a member of my family? But how exactly? ", Ash inquired gently.

Pikachu sighed, frowning because his trainer was so dense and stupid. He was also exceedingly forgetful since he couldn't recall the present Serena had given him as they parted ways.

"Pikachu? What happened?"

Pikachu sighed and whispered, "Pika..." Nothing is translated...

"OK-ay," Ash replied, sweatdropping.

"What's the up with Pikachu?" Ash wondered.

"Pikachu, I think I messed up killing everyone there."

"Pika Pika Pikachu! Chuu! "As a buddy, Pikachu scolded him.

"I know, Pikachu, they deserved it, but killing isn't always the best solution," Ash answered, feeling heartbroken.

The Master was observing Ash and Pikachu from afar, unknown to them.

"Ash, you don't know what part Serena plays in your life, but you'll find out soon," Master replied, smiling.

"But be careful, Ash. This will not be a child's play. This might end up... killing you."

"Pikachu... It is becoming late... Let's go to bed."

Pikachu gave a nod.

They both fell asleep near a tree there.

*Now from tomorrow, their aura training will begin. Also, I tried to make Ash remember Serena but I made him denser to notice anything. But since this is an amourshipping story too, so I'll make him remember gradually.*