Chapter 63

*A/N: Hey guys, sorry for this long delay as I was engaged with my studies for quite a time. Also, apologies, but I'm skipping the battle phase because it's been a long time since I uploaded part 1 of it, and I'm pretty sure you all would've forgotten about it. However, just consider this: 

Master's Lucario vs Ash's Garchomp:- Lucario wins.
Master's Zeraora vs Ash's Lucario:- Draw.
Master's Incineroar vs Ash's Greninja:- Incineroar wins.

So from here, the story continues just after the battle. Enjoy...*

*Now.*

As his eyes beheld Greninja reverting to his original form, Ash had his head down with a tiny disappointment on his face.

The cheering of all of Ash's Pokemons abruptly stopped, and silence settled upon the stadium. Serena, Jack, Illene, and Sir Aaron, on the other hand, were happy and smiling. They were relieved that Ash had at least put up a tough fight against Master.

On the battlefield, Ash approached gently Greninja, who was lying on the ground, unconscious and covered in burn marks. Because of the harm caused by his bond, he was limping somewhat. He kneeled to Greninja's level as he approached.

"You were excellent, Greninja," Ash replied, his face showing both grief and satisfaction.

He called it in by lightly touching his head with his Pokeball. He then rose, his eyes seeking answers.

"So, Master," he replied solemnly, "do you think I'm powerful enough to fight Rose?"

And with Ash's question, the words that came out of Master's mouth were, "When did I say you weren't powerful?"

Ash was surprised by this. He was perplexed and asked, "What do you mean, Master?"

Everyone was listening to that conversation.

"I never said you weren't strong. You were the one who questioned your power "Master clarified.

Ash gave him a slow nod.

"However, if you ask me, I'll tell you that I am so confident in my training that you and your Pokemons will be able to overcome any challenge," he added.

"Thank you, Master," Ash murmured, kneeling in front of him and bowing his head.

"I should say goodbye, Ash. And after everything is over, I'll meet with you "Master stated.

He remained kneeling and responded, "Yes, Master."

Master then turned around and went out of the stadium, but as he passed the exit, he vanished into thin air, and no one noticed.

Ash stood slowly and sighed slightly. He thought to himself, placing his hands on his hips, "I guess I shouldn't doubt myself..."

But then he was suddenly hugged behind his back.

"Hey!!" he exclaimed, startled.

He stumbled a little to his back as a result of this. He looked around to see Serena standing next to him, smiling gleefully, once the hug had been removed. She hugged him again and remarked gleefully, "See, I told you you'd be fantastic! I'm glad that Master too recognised your strength!"

She then let him go, and he rubbed the back of his head and muttered, "Thanks."

"You were wonderful Ash!" he heard. It was Jack.

When Ash looked up from Serena, he noticed Jack, Illene, and Aaron standing as well

"That was fantastic, Ash," Illene said gently.