Chapter 13

*In the previous chapter.*

"Now relax a night here, you need to be at your best during the battle," Jack advised.

"Yeah, I'm feeling soo pumped for this battle!" said Ash, his eyes brimming with enthusiasm. Ash was imitated by Pikachu.

"Now let's go train, Pidgeot!" Ash said, calling out to Pidgeot.

*Now.*

Next day...

"Pidgeot, use Hurricane!" said Ash, as Pidgeot created extremely powerful wind waves that nearly uprooted a tree.

"You're becoming stronger, Pidgeot," Ash replied, complimenting her. Pikachu nodded in agreement as well.

After receiving the compliment, Pidgeot reddened with embarrassment. She was overjoyed to hear such glowing comments from her very own trainer.

By the way, Ash, Pikachu, and Pidgeot are training in the uphill forest near the caverns, while Jack is cooking meals for them inside the cave.

Following two hours of training with Pigeot.

"I suppose that's all we can do for tomorrow's battle, Pidgeot," Ash remarked, "Pikachu!" Pikachu agreed.

"Pidgeottt!" said Pidgeot, who was panting from the workout.

In her Pokeball, Ash summons Pidgeot and returns to the cave where Jack and the Tyranitar were staying.

Ash and Pikachu enter the room.

"Hello, Ash. How did you find your training? ", Jack inquired.

"It was amazing, Jack, and Pidgeot learned some new strategies," Ash added, winking.

"Oh, can I see it now?"

"Probably not because she's tired," Ash replied.

"Ah, yes, I see."

"So, Ash, will you rest here?" Jack inquired.

"Umm... No, I don't think so," Ash said.

"Okay... But where exactly? ", Jack inquired.

"Probably in the woods," Ash speculated.

"But Ash, it can be harmful!" Jack expressed worry.

"Oh come on, you've seen me sleeping on trees with my Pokemon in the woods, it's not a big deal to me," Ash remarked, his voice somewhat irritated.

"Yet Ash, don't you remember what happened last time when those Pokemon attacked you while you were sleeping?" Jack said, furious but concerned.

"Oh, that was a sudden occurrence, and for your knowledge, I had assured you that Charizard had easily knocked them out," Ash grumbled.

"Ohhh, go anywhere you want!" yelled Jack, too irritated to argue with Ash.

"Oh, okay," Ash responded.

Ash leaves.

*Next Morning*

"Now, Tyranitar, are you ready?" Ash questioned, to which Tyranitar replied with a firm nod.

"All right, then, LET'S GOOO!!!", "Pikachu!"

"Come on out Pidgeot!" said Ash, as the plasma ejected from the Pokeball, reassembling a Bird Pokemon that let out a big forceful cry.

"You have the first opportunity, Tyranitar!" said Ash.

Tyranitar smacked his hands on the earth, causing massive boulders to emerge from the ground.

"Fly up!"

Pigeot soared and attempted to avoid the attack, but due to battling in a cave, Pigeot was unable to fly high enough and was struck by the Stone edge. Also, the stone edge was unusual in that it rose higher than normal from the ground.

"Pidgeot! No way! ", shouted Ash, as Pidgeot collapsed on the ground after being hit by the attack.

"That is wrong! A battle for a flying type Pokemon within a cave! This is wrong! ", Jack shouted.

"Remember, Jack! Keep in mind what Master stated to us! It is my and Pidgeot's responsibility to battle for her Mega stone and earn it, proving to the entire world that we are capable of holding the might of Mega Evolution ", Ash roared at Jack.

"Pidgeot, get up! You've got to get up!" "Pika Pika Pikachu! "said Ash and Pikachu, who were cheering for Pidgeot.

When Ash noticed Pidgeot standing up, he said, "Pidgeot, Use Quick Attack!"

Pidgeot encircled her with a white aura and rushed at Tyranitar.

It was hit by Tyranitar, but it wasn't enough to shatter that shield Pokemon's defense.

"Now, use Aerial Ace!" Ash instructed Pigeot.

Pidgeot charged an Aerial ace at it, causing it to collide with the cave's walls.

Tyranitar moaned in agony, "Tyrani-tar."

Tyranitar shivered. Ash took advantage of the situation by instructing Pidgeot to unleash Aerial Ace once more.

But things hadn't gone as planned.

"No! Pidgeot! "Tyranitar was holding Pidgeot's beak with his hands, Ash expressed concern. This demonstrated that he was employing force.

"Oh... This was a bad decision," Ash smirked.

Pikachu realized what he was thinking and grinned as well.

"Stop the attack and grab Tyranitar with your paws," Ash commanded.

Pidgeot followed Ash's instructions.

"Pigeot! Aerial Ace to destroy the cave's ceiling! ", said Ash.

Pidgeot did exactly what Ash requested since she understood what Ash was trying to accomplish.

"Now!! Seismic Toss!! ", Ash cried to Pidgeot in the air.

Pidgeot used Seismic toss on Tyranitar, and Tyranitar was barely standing as a result.

"Oh my goodness, Ash! It was a surprise attack! ", Jack said, astounded.

"Now, end this..." began Ash, but he was cut off. Ash Tyranitar used Rock throw on Pidgeot and then used Rock tomb on him unexpectedly.

He then used Dark Pulse on Pigeot, who was confined inside the rock tomb, for a brief period.

"What just occurred!" said Jack, his expression filled with terror.

Ash was just standing there with a horrible expression on his face.

"Pidgeot! Pidgeot, you can do it! Remember what we learned! YOU CAN DO IT! ", shouted Ash, but received no answer.

A noise interrupted Ash's attempt to hide his face behind his cap.

When Ash looked up, he noticed that the rocks were trembling.

"Pidgawwww!!!"

"Pidgeot," Ash murmured a smile on his face and a tear in his eye.

"Pidgeot! I believe we should call it a day here! ", Ash explained.

Pidgeot agreed with a nod.

"Now put an end to this! Dazzling Gleam! ", shouted Ash as Pigeot surrounded her with a pink aura and fired a brilliant flash, injuring Tyranitar, who was also a dark type. Tyranitar was unable 

to battle and was wailing in pain when the flash stopped.

AS THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...

*Author's note:- Sorry guys as I was busy with work and was not able to publish it on time. I know I am a day late. I apologize for this again, Sorry.*