Chapter 64

*In the previous chapter.*

As he moved forward, that figure revealed itself to be a Charizard with a smile on its face. "You've grown quite big, Charizard," Ash murmured, petting the Charizard's face with a smile.

"It's been a long time, Ash," said a familiar voice from behind the Charizard. It took a step back to reveal a manly figure.

With a grin on his face, Ash remarked, "I knew it was you... Leon."

*Now.*

Leon inquired, "So, Ash, do you know what's going on in Galar?"

"Yes," Ash answered gravely.

"Then, you should also be aware that Eternatus' Pokeball has been stolen," Leon added.

"What?!", Ash yelled, shocked to hear that. "Man, if only I had come here earlier, I could have prevented that!", he muttered angrily as he cursed himself.

"However, it was my fault too, Ash. I wasn't able to figure out when they were going to steal that Pokeball." Leon said, apologizing solemnly for his mistake.

"Leon, it's not time to think about our mistakes. We should focus on stopping Rose,", Ash stated, his voice solemn.

"Ah, I forgot," Ash said. He then stepped back. He addressed Serena with his hands and stated, "This is Serena." Then, he addressed Leon, saying, "And Serena, this is Leon."

Serena took a step closer and said, "Nice to meet you."

Leon grinned as he said, "It's a pleasure meeting you, Serena."

"And this is Jack," Ash introduced him to Leon.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Jack," Leon remarked, extending his hand for a handshake. He didn't, however, get Jack's hand back. As a result, he became perplexed.

"Huh? Anything wrong ? ", he asked.

Jack, on the other hand, was in his world. He was only murmuring, "L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L..."

So, Ash tapped him on the shoulder and said, "Hey Jack?"

As a result, he came out of his daydream and grasped Leon's hand with both his, shaking it violently.

"H-H-H-Hey, L-L-L-Leon, this is J-J-J-Jack," he stammered, still surprised to see his childhood idol in front of him.

Leon sweatdropped as he saw this. Ash did as well before adding, "By the way, Leon, he's been a fan of yours since he was a kid. He sees you as his idol."

"Oh, thanks, Jack," Leon said, his face flushed and a nervous smile on his face.

Jack's eyes expanded with happiness as he stated that. He turned immediately to Ash and said, "Did I hear this correctly, Ash? DID LEON TAKE MY NAME?!" He was utterly fascinated with Leon. As a result, Ash, Leon, Serena, Pikachu, and Charizard, all sweatdropped.

"Leave him alone. So, what's the plan to stop him? ", Ash inquired solemnly, returning to the subject.

"Well, I tried to invade his base, but the defences were overly alerted. It had been risky to invade alone ", Leon explained.

"If that's the case, then we should all invade it at the same time," Ash suggested.

"I was thinking about that as well," Leon said. "We should depart right now. For us, every second is priceless ", he remarked.

He agreed, "Yeah."

Then Pikachu leapt onto Ash's shoulder and the two of them started walking out of the cave. "Hey, Mr Leon, just a question, how were you able to know that we were coming?" Serena inquired.