Chapter 68

*In the previous chapter.*

"Four Megas in a row? Is that even possible?! "Raihan mumbled, surprised by the scene in front of him.

*Now.*

*At Prof. Magnolia's lab.*

Serena was leaning at her window, peering out at the purple thunderous sky that covered the entire sky of Galar. Her face appeared tensed.

Goh entered her room and noticed her uneasiness. Her anxiety was visible on her face. "Serena," Goh expressed concern for Serena.

She didn't seem to hear him and seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

"Serena," he called again, this time a little louder. This led her to emerge from her thoughts.

"What happened, Serena?" he worriedly inquired.

"*Sigh* I'm just worried about him. I know he's worked very hard, and I'm not doubting his capabilities, but... I just have a bad feeling about this "Serena stated as she turned to face him.

Goh approached her and stood beside her. "See, Ash is going to win this. He must do it for himself. And, knowing him, he is more determined for this than his desire of becoming a Pokemon Master, which he may now be "Goh explained.

"Yeah, I should not be like this, but... this emotion is eating me from within..." she sighed, her expression mournful.

"Don't overthink this. Ash would undoubtedly win "Goh reassured her.

She nodded to him, but her expression remained gloomy. Goh was concerned when he saw this. He then moved his gaze from the window to the sky. "Don't let her, or us, or anybody else down, Ash. We're all counting on you, ", he thought.

*At Hammerlocke City*

"Rose, give up now! This battle is now out of your hands! We're about to crush you! ", Ash yelled angrily, waving his fists horizontally.

"Really? Will those vermins be able to beat me? Is it even conceivable? "Rose yelled from above.

Then there was a step alongside Ash and his mons. Leon was the one. "Don't forget that the ones you call vermins were the ones who, with their might, shook you and your monster as a whole!" he said in hatred at Rose.

Rose raised his brow, unsure what to say.

Leon then turned to face Ash and stated, "Don't rush, Ash. It is also our battle."

"Huh?" Ash inquired.

Then he felt a thud on the back of his shoulder. Ash turned around to face Raihan. "Leon is correct. It's our battle. He ruined my entire city, and now he's going to pay for it! We'll beat him! ", he replied, slowly pumping his fists.

"Let's do it together, Ash. Master made me worthy to fight this battle as well! ", Jack added passionately from behind.

Hearing that, Ash bowed his head. He realised that fighting alone would not help.

"Then let's defeat this guy once and for all!" he exclaimed.

"Then, Charizard! Let's help to bring this battle to a conclusion! ", Leon exclaimed as he unbuttoned his T-shirt collar, showing a sparkling Keystone tied to a locket around his neck. He yanked the stone from his neck and clutched it in his fists. His fists began to glow as a result.

"Charizard!" he yelled as his Charizard flew in front of him and landed with a stomp. Leon then closed his eyes.

"The flow of energy from our heart," he said as his and Charizard's hearts began to beat in unison. He suddenly opened his eyes and those of his Charizard, and exclaimed, "Mega Evolution!"