Chapter 66

*In the previous chapter.*

Eternatus then plunged down to the tower's campus... where Rose was standing.

Eternatus approached Rose slowly and stopped in front of him. On the other hand, Rose stood bravely in front of it, arms stretched and a gentle yet malicious grin on his face.

With his eyes half-closed and his gentle grin, he said, "The Darkest Devastation of Galar has begun,"

*Now.*

"Hey, Ash! There's Rose ! "yelled Jack, pointing downwards to the campus where Eternatus was still levitating.

"Yes," Ash stated firmly, his gaze fixed on him.

"He finally showed his face. He was responsible for everything. Everything I've done will no longer be in vain ", he thought. "And let us attack him to the utmost!" he cried continuing his words, motioning Charizard to attack him.

With his command, Charizard used his fearsome jaw to unleash a massive Flamethrower on him.

That Flamethrower was so powerful that it engulfed Rose and Eternatus.

"Ash..." Jack mumbled, surprised that he would act so quickly.

But Ash sensed something was wrong. He was gritting his teeth and staring in their direction.

"Stop Charizard!" he cried, and Charizard immediately stopped.

But, everyone was stunned as he stopped.

"This..." Leon said, surprised.

"What the hell?!?" Jack muttered, stunned. At the same time, Ash was clenching his teeth in rage.

As the Flamethrower stopped abruptly, they all noticed a purple-coloured force barrier that had stopped the attack. In the air, that force field was forming hexagonal patterns. With that, it gradually appeared and revealed itself to be all around Eternatus.

Rose, who was standing in front of Eternatus, then slowly shifted his hateful gaze towards Ash. He then exclaimed at him in a soft yet malicious tone, "What'd you thought off? I'd let down my guard so readily and in front of you? C'mon!"

Ash gritted his teeth even more after hearing it.

He went on, "What you're thinking is correct. This is the same barrier that is used for Gigantamax battles. We had this thing fixed on Eternatus while it was charging. And I can see the results." He then grinned warmly and continued, "Now this is something you'll have never thought of, right!"

The three said nothing and were even more enraged at him, but mostly they felt powerless because that barrier was designed to withstand even the most powerful attacks. And, there was no way to break it with normal attacks.

They were both speechless and powerless. Their attacks against it would be pointless.

"Leon, what should we do?" asked Jack.

But he didn't respond. But after a few seconds, he gritted his teeth and replied, "I don't even know myself..."

"Ash?" Jack inquired once more.

Ash stayed silent as well.

Meanwhile, Rose tossed a Pokeball into the air, causing the sword and shield Pokemon, Aegislash, to materialise, although with some additional gears on it. It neared Rose and he stood on those gears. Aegislash then hovered in the air and landed on Eternatus' purple skeletal neck.

"Let us do it now," Rose said. And with that, Eternatus began to ascend into the air, Rose standing on his Aegislash on its neck.

As Eternatus soared to the sky and began to move forward, they three showered backwards.