Chapter 48

*In the previous chapter.*

Aaron asked, "Are you okay, Ash? Did you see anything?"

He was breathing heavily when he noticed Aaron and Illene looking at him with concern on their faces.

"Y-Yeah, I'm alright," he answered, panting.

"Did you see anything, Ash?" Illene inquired.

"Yeah," he responded, nodding. "And this time, it would be their last mistake!" he said, his eyes becoming dark crimson with rage.

*Now.*

"But wait, Ash, who did this?" Illene inquired.

Ash's blood began to boil from rage as she asked this question. He tightened his hands and exhaled forcefully in rage, but after a time, he calmed down and whispered, "Giovanni."

"Who is this Giovanni?" Aaron inquired.

"Leader of Team Rocket, an evil organisation that operates across Kanto and Jhoto," Illene said. "And if she's with them, she's in great danger," she said, her cheeks flushed with fear.

"But not anymore. Because this was their last mistake ", Ash muttered, his face crimson red with rage.

"Remember what Master told you, Ash. Be calm. Your aura is going out of con- ", Aaron hadn't even finished his statement before Ash turned back to him and said, with dark crimson eyes and a harsh tone that would send shivers up anyone's spine, "I'm not going to listen to what Master has to say! All I know is that Team Rocket will not be able to survive!" This made Illene stumble a bit.

But he soon came to his senses. He apologised to them, saying, "I'm sorry for my behaviour."

"No, it's OK. I had already sensed your aura was becoming unstable ", Aaron said.

"I'm sorry, but I can't wait any longer. Those have crossed their limits will not live ", In a chilly tone, Ash stated.

"Pika Chuuu!!", Pikachu imitated Ash's anger as sparks emitted from his cheeks.

"But Ash, you're weak right now. You've been weakened by using so much aura ", Illene expressed concern.

"I don't care for it," he said quietly. "I'm going."

As he said this, he walked up to the balcony and called Pidgeot from her Pokeball. He and Pikachu flew away on her to their base, which he had found using his aura after viewing the past.

XXXXXXXXXX

At Mt. Moon's ranges.

It appeared to be a typical mountain until it was seen from within. Almost half of the mountain is hollow on the inside, and within it is Team Rocket's ultra-advanced base. On the side of it, there was a large Gate leading within the mountain, with the letter 'R' written on it. It was the only way to and from the base. Guards were inside, moving some sort of cargo.

The guards' attention was drawn to the gate, however, when a strange noise came through it. Some grunts with blasters approached the gate to check it, but the gate began to contract to the centre. In a matter of seconds, the gate had devolved into a mass of junk, and behind it stood their doom.

Pikachu, Ash, and Mewtwo.

When they saw them, a shiver ran up their spine. Mewtwo had dark blue eyes that burned with rage. Mewtwo was capable of sensing Ash's rage and imitating it because of Ash's aura. Ash, on the other hand, was still, trying to suppress his rage and wearing a chilly cold expression. Pikachu was close by, growling and releasing sparks from his cheeks.