Chapter 21

*In the previous chapter.*

"Now Ash, since you have fully completed your training. Then I have the last task for you.", said Master to Ash.
"Yes, Master. You gave me this power and trained me all these years. I will do whatever you command.", said Ash with a confident tone.

*Now.*

"If this is your desire, then win the Kanto league for me, as it is the first area in which you competed in the league. I know you lost then, but this time you're going to show everyone who's the CHAMPION! ", stated Master in a firm tone. "Also, don't reveal your true identity. If you do that, the leaders of the wicked groups will learn your identity. If this occurs, they would most likely target you and your friends "He went on to say.

"Winning the Kanto league, huh?" Ash grumbled to himself.

"I can Master, but why should I? I mean, Jack is a great trainer as well, but why me? ", Ash inquired.

"Because I want you to beat the elite four and Kanto's champion because Ash, you have to prove your and your Pokemon's powers to me because I want to know whether you're ready to face the evil organizations," Master said.

"I will surely obey your commands, Master," Ash said, his eyes brimming with resolve and hatred.

"And, Master, what about me? What do you mean, my task? ", Jack inquired.

"I have one for you as well. Go forth and conquer the Kanto Battle Frontier ", Master said Jack.

"Yes, Master!" said Jack.

"OK, I suppose that's enough for now," Master remarked.

"But, Master, where are you going now? At the very least, please stick with us until we finish our work ", both stated at the same time.

"I believe you misheard something. For the time being, I said! ", Master said sternly.

"But, Master, where are you going?" Ash inquired.

"I don't know where I'm going, but I can assure you that anytime you call me in need, I'll come,"

Master stated, reassuring both Ash and Jack.

"So I believe you can go and complete your responsibilities successfully. Goodbye, my children!"

While Ash and Jack were on their way to their various responsibilities, Master waved his hands. Ash and Jack both got on Pigeot and Moltres, respectively, and flew away from the mountain, waving their hands.

"Goodbye, Master! We'll see you soon! ", they both murmured in unison, their eyes watering.

*Time skip till both reach Pallet town's outskirts.*

"So, Ash, are you going to battle the Kanto Champion now?" Jack questioned as they sat on their respective bird Pokemons.

"I'm going to see Professor Oak first, I guess. Because they are now my entire family "In a melancholy tone, Ash remarked. His eyes were also watering.

"Oh, okay, Ash. But now I'm going to take on the Battle Frontier! ", Jack shouted, pumping his hands in the air.

"I'll leave after some time because I need to contact and notify Charles Goodshow about this," Ash stated.

"Oh! First, Jack, notify Scott about this Jack. He is the Battle Frontier's manager ", Ash explained.

"Ok."

"So, Ash, farewell. We'll meet again once we've completed our respective missions ", Jack stated as he walked away from Viridian City.

"So it's just me and Pikachu with Pidgeot," Ash grumbled to himself.