Chapter 61

*In the previous chapter.*

Then Ash stood up, his eyes shaded by the visor of his cap and his body language solemn. Everyone was looking at him. He then began walking down the hallway. Serena sprang up and asked, "Where are you going, Ash?" because of his quick behaviour.

"To have a talk with Master," Ash stated coldly as he came to a halt in his tracks.

Serena hesitated, "But Ash...," but Aaron stopped her, saying, "Let him go."

Ash then exited the Queen's hall.

*Now.*

"Yes, Pidgeot! Land there! ", Ash commanded as he flew over Pidgeot, Pikachu at his side, his face solemn as hell.

Pidgeot followed her trainer's instructions and landed in front of Master's cave.

"Good job, Pidgeot..." Ash remarked as he and Pikachu hopped from Pidgeot's back. "Now, please wait here for a bit until I have a talk with Master!" he added as he entered the cave. Pikachu followed him, concerned after witnessing Ash's grave behaviour.

When Ash saw Pikachu was following him, he turned around and kneeled. "I know you're worried about me, buddy," he continued hesitantly, "but please stay and wait for me with Pidgeot."

"Pi Pikapi!" Pikachu hesitated, but Ash caressed his head with his hand, a little but uncertain smile on his face. He then got to his feet and began walking inside. Pikachu did nothing but look confused.

Thoughts were swirling in his mind as he walked closer to the Master's chamber.

"I know this is not the case. I'm sure Master still knows something I don't, and I want to know what it is."

He goes on to say, "What are you hiding from me, Master? What!"

He enters the Master's chamber after a while, but to his surprise, he were not there. He was a little taken aback by this.

"He doesn't leave his chamber ... Does he? ", he thought as he took a glance around.

But then he heard, "Ash...," from behind him.

His eyes widened as he heard this. It was him ... Master.

He immediately turned back, and his eyes widened.

Master said, his eyes dripping with solemnity, "I will tell you the complete truth of what I know... until now."

With a slight grin on his lips, Ash murmured, "I knew..."

"I taught you nearly all I knew, Ash... Underestimating your enemy was not one of that. ", Master replied, graveness pouring from his voice.

"What do you mean, Master?" Ash inquired, a little perplexed as to what Master was talking about.

"You are, indeed, underestimating your enemy. You're digging your own grave, or should I say, the grave of the entire world, by doing so! ", he warned.

"What?" Ash gasped, stunned.

"Yes, YOU ARE UNDERESTIMATING ROSE! LYSANDER! YOU'RE UNDERESTIMATING ETERNATUS! ", Master yelled angrily at Ash.

Ash had a terrified look on his face. Master had never yelled at him in such a way before. Master had never sounded that stern before. But there was something in Master's voice that Ash picked up on. It was a fearful situation. Master was worried as well, though only to a minor level.

"I'm not underestimating anyone!" Ash screamed back, his tone trembling slightly.

"Yes, you are," Master said calmly this time. "Eternatus isn't a usual Legendary Pokemon to win against. Its abilities are comparable to those of a Universal Pokemon."