Chapter 16

*In the previous chapter.*

"Pidgeot, could you give me a ride there?"

Pidgeot nodded in agreement.

"Guys, relax in your Pokeballs until we get there," Ash stated, calling all of his Pokemons, except Pidgeot, into their individual Pokeballs. He was attempting to be calm to move on from his mother's death.

*Now.*

Pikachu sat on Ash's shoulder as he hopped on Pidgeot's back.

On his journey to the cliff where the mining was taking place, he noticed several innocent and wild Pokemons scurrying away from the edge.

"I believe they are all terrified by the explosions. I believe... I should go see them. Now I, too, have felt the terror that they have in their eyes ", Ash thought, as tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Pika Pi?" asked Pikachu, concernedly looking up at his trainer.

"I'm OK, Pikachu," Ash answered, still his eyes flashing red with anger. "Now, Pidgeot, can you land here?" Ash said, and Pidgeot nodded in agreement.

When Ash hopped off from Pidgeot's back, he collided with a Pigi. That Pigi was terrified. He then abruptly assumed a battle position towards Ash.

"Don't worry, I'm not your enemy," Ash remarked, his face mournful yet determined.

After hearing the agony and grief in Ash's voice, Pigi got relieved that he is not an enemy to him since he could sense the situation that Ash had gone through.

"Pigi... Pi... Pigii," Pigi murmured, his expression worried, as he pointed to the miners.

Ash instantly realized there was a problem with the miners.

"I'll check them, please don't worry," Ash answered calmly, relieving Pigi.

"Pigeot! Let's get going! I believe there is an issue with the miners ", Ash stated seriously.

Pigeot nodded, and Ash and Pikachu got atop Pigeot, who immediately rushed towards the edge at breakneck speed.

Then Ash landed on the cliff, but far enough away from the miners to examine what they were mining.

Then a familiar voice emerged from among the miners.

"Finish the job quickly! We just do not have enough time! Because explosions do not destroy Mega stones, use dynamites to speed up the procedure ", stated '???' in a threatening tone.

"I've heard that voice," Ash thought as Pikachu assumed a combat posture and sparkles burst from his cheeks. Pikachu was certain he recognized him.

"Wait! Are they looking for massive stones? And then there's the voice..."

Ash's eyes became crimson with rage, and he said in a cold, deadly tone, "THAT'S XEROSIC!"

Because Ash's voice was too loud, one of the security grunts heard it and alerted everyone that someone was eavesdropping on them. After alarming everyone, the grunt approached the source of the sound but was taken aback when he noticed a giant Blastoise standing in the shade of the stone, staring menacingly at that grunt. Then, all of a sudden, Blastoise unleashed an Ice punch on the grunt, encasing him in ice. It stifled the grunt.

Then, from behind Blastoise, a hooded person arrived, carrying Pikachu on his shoulder. It was Ash, but he had hidden his face and look so that no one could recognize him since they wanted to know where he was.

Everyone noticed this and went towards Ash. There were a lot of them, each with a Pokeball in their hand.

"Well, well, I believe this youngster ended up here by accident," an evil voice replied. It was Xerosic in nature.

"So, who are you?" Xerosic inquired.

"It's none of your business!" Ash said coldly.

"Well, if it's not my business, then it's none of your business to interfere with our job," Xerosic responded.

"I'm come to put a stop to you!" said Ash.

"You can't do it. All! Kill him!"

The grunts then called their Pokemons. After a brief flash, there were about a hundred Pokemons staring at Ash with murderous glares. There were a lot of Druddigon, Salamence, and Drapion, and other bulky Pokemons.

"You're all provoking me to collapse this cliff!" yelled Ash.

"I'll kill you all if you don't surrender."

"Oh! Your threat frightened us ", Xerosic remarked sarcastically, laughing. All of the other grunts laughed as well.

"I think it is time for you! Show everyone and the readers what you've learned over the last two years! DRACO METEOR!!", shouted Ash, tossing out a Pokeball, exposing the vicious mach Pokemon, Garchomp.

As he emerged, his eyes became crimson with rage, and it launched an orange ball from its lethal mouth to a distance in the air. When it reached a particular height, it erupted into millions and billions of comets, like Arceus' Judgement. As the comets collided with the ground, the rocks and mountains shattered into shards. This caused an earthquake to occur on the cliff, causing the rocks to fall from above.

"Now return," Ash replied, calling Garchomp in. Then he summoned some Pokemon from their Pokeballs. Sceptile, Torterra, and Venusaur were they.

"Everyone! Frenzy plant ! ", Ash cried as he commanded his Pokemons.All of Ash's grass-type buddies realized what Ash was up to and banged their fists/forelimbs on the ground, causing large and dangerous roots to spring from the earth. Those roots were aimed at the portion of the cliff where the grunts were. When the roots contacted the earth, they pierced right through it, causing the rocks to crumble and the entire cliff to collapse.

Ash quickly called his Pokemons and recalled Pidgeot. He and Pikachu jumped on her back, and Pidgeot sailed into the air as the earth underneath them collapsed.

The grunts, along with their Pokemons, all plunged down the cliff.When the smoke cleared, he realized that practically the entire cliff had been destroyed, but then he noticed a helicopter taking off from a helipad where Xerosic stood. He was able to chase his helicopter, but he did not do so since he does not want to harm them right now.

"Pika Pikachu!" and "Pidgaawww!" complained Pikachu and Pidgeot asking why he let them escape.

"This is not the time to do so. I'll destroy them all at once, but the moment hasn't come yet 

", with a sneer on his face, Ash remarked.

AS THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...