Chapter 56

*In the previous chapter.*

"I can control my hunger.", Ash said, pouting a little. But then, they laughed again when Ash's stomach gurgled again, this time more loudly.

"Seriously, Ash," Clemont exclaimed, laughing heartily.

Serena and Bonnie too laughed wholeheartedly.

Ash pouted once more but eventually joined them in laughter.

*Now*

Serena Yvonne's POV...

Following our heartwarming laughter session in the woods on the outskirts of Lumiose, we returned to the Prism Tower. Ash and Bonnie were walking ahead of me and Clemont. Clemont apologised to me the entire way there for spying on Ash and me. His spying wouldn't even have bothered me. He had to have known this one day, but what pissed me was him and Bonnie invading our privacy. It was our first time together, but they completely ruined it. Although I remained silent and ignored his apology until halfway, in the end, I knew he was my friend, so how could I be angry with him? I accepted his apology, and as I did so, a big grin appeared on his face from ear to ear. He was happy now and seeing his grin, I chuckled as well before heading over to Ash and Bonnie.

Bonnie, on the other hand, acted as if she didn't want an apology. She was simply overjoyed to see us together. But I knew my life was about to become hell as we'll approach the tower. She'd tease me until I will end up dying. And if she tells anyone... No! That would be so embarrassing! I had a taste of her teasing when I came alongside Ash and Clemont at the time. I didn't feel bad about holding his hand in public because we'd already confessed our feelings. My hands searched for his without looking down at his hands, and I interlaced his fingers with mine. Ash noticed this and turned to face me with a warm goofy grin before returning his attention to the streets. I was blushing profusely because it was the first time I did that. But when I noticed Bonnie looking at me knowingly with a mischievous smirk, my blush quickly faded. I realised she was teasing me right away, so I ignored her stare and continued looking forward as if nothing had happened.

As we approached the tower, we noticed a kid standing outside. Clemont whispered under his breath, loud enough for us to hear, as our gaze was drawn to that kid. Clemont's expression changed to one of determination as he adjusted his glasses, "So, finally, he arrived,"

"Who is that kid, Clemont?" Ash inquired as he listened to his words.

"Oh, he's a challenger. He lost our previous battle, but I enjoyed every moment of it after a long time. And ever since then, I've been itching to fight him again "Clemont responded to Ash.

"Guys, I'm sorry, but I have to leave now," Clemont said before departing to fulfil his duties as a Gym Leader. But what surprised me was that Bonnie followed Clemont. I could tell she was thrilled about the battle too by the tone in her voice. Now it was just me and Ash.

"So..., what do we do now?" Ash asked nervously, rubbing the back of his head with his palms.

As I noticed the nervousness in his voice, I let out a small chuckle. He was unquestionably new to all these.

"Let's eat first, then-" My sentence was cut short when Ash's stomach grumbled again. I was certain that when he heard me say 'eat,' his stomach gurgled. I let out another small chuckle. Pikachu, who was seated on his shoulders, laughed as well.

"It's like I've to follow your commands,", Ash sighed sheepishly rubbing his stomach.

I interlaced my fingers with his and dragged him inside the tower.

After half an hour...

"Finally, these Pokepuffs are ready," I said, removing the tray full of flavoured and delicious Pokepuffs out of the oven while wearing an oven glove. (A/N: If Pokepuffs aren't baked, please correct me.)