Chapter 60

*In the previous chapter.*

Aaron remarked, seriousness on his face, "Ash, there's someone who wants to meet you..."

When Ash and Serena heard that, they were both confused.

"Who?" Ash asked, while Serena patiently awaited their response.

"She," Aaron said, motioning to his right. A tall and slender woman wearing a long white coat appeared from his right as soon as he gestured.

"Long time no see Ash," she replied, a slight grin on her face and her eyes half-closed.

Ash was perplexed as to who she was who suddenly wanted to meet him.

But after a split second, his eyes widened as the face sparked a long-forgotten memory.

"Oleana?!"

*Now.*

After a brief second, his eyes widened with shock as the face triggered a long-forgotten memory.

"Oleana?!"

"Oleana?" Serena muttered, her gaze falling on Ash's stunned expression.

"W-What are you doing here?", Ash enquired of Oleana, perplexed by her reappearance after all these years.

She continued, her voice solemn, "I've come to talk about Team Flare."

"Team Flare?" Serena muttered, perplexed, as her stunned and widened eyes fall upon Oleana and how she found out about them.

But then, Illene said, her voice solemn, "Let's go inside and talk."

Serena and Ash nodded, but their expressions revealed their confusion. Serena for how Ash knew about her and what connection she had about Team Flare, and Ash for why she showed up after all these years. They all went in after that.

*Queen's Hall.*

Queen Illene was seated on the throne, with her maid Jenny at her side, and Sir Aaron seated in the official's chair. In the middle of the hall, in front of Illene, Ash and Serena were standing, next to Oleana.

"Okay so what do you know about Team Flare?", Ash inquired in a quite cold tone.

After Ash asked, there was a brief silence inside the hall, but then Oleana spoke up, "Actually, it isn't what you all are thinking."

He asked, "What do you mean?"

Then Oleana replied, "Team Flare is no more."

To this, Ash and Serena both were confused. For that, Serena asked, "What do you mean?"

"It means the one who's behind all these... is non-other than Rose."

Hearing that name, made Ash go stunned and bewildered. He got to remember a long-forgotten memory... of the DARKEST DAY.

After a while...

"It all began after the Darkest Day event...", Oleana began, but Serena interrupted her.

Serena inquired, "What is the Darkest Day?"

"Darkest Day was an event caused by Eternatus a few years ago. It wreaked havoc in the Galar Region," Ash explained solemnly.

Serena nodded, a concerned expression on her face.

"Yes... After that, Rose and I flew back to our Macro Cosmos headquarters in our helicopter. However, the Galar Police Department came to arrest us for causing that havoc. And...", she stopped and took a sigh. Then she continued, "...we got arrested."