Chapter 58

*In the previous chapter.*

As soon as I asked him, his attention was drawn to me. "It's a surprise!" he said, winking. "And yeah," he added, pulling a strip of cloth from his pocket. I was perplexed when I saw that, but he remarked playfully, "Since it's a surprise, I'm going to hide it from your eyes until we get there."

I smiled as I heard the excitement in his voice. I was confident he'd made some good preparations for the date. So when he tied that cloth over my eyes, I didn't hesitate. After that, I was more delighted than I had ever been. "Serena, I tell you for sure that this will be the best date ever!" he exclaimed, a little excitedly.

*Now.*

Serena Yvonne's POV...

"Ash, when are we going to get there?" I whispered softly, my eyes still closed.

From behind me, I heard Ash say, "Just a minute more."

On my head, I could feel his warm breaths.

"Alright, we got here! Pidgeot!", Ash cried, his voice tinged with delight. And with that, I sensed Pidgeot swooping down to some unknown location.

I felt Pidgeot touch the ground after a few seconds. I was now more than excited. We arrived at the location where Ash was taking me.

"C'mon Serena, hold my hand," Ash whispered softly as his warm palms touched against mine. I grinned and took his hand in mine, and with Ash's support, I slowly descended from Pidgeot.

I smelled a lovely and fragrant breeze blowing as soon as I descended from Pidgeot. This heightened my excitement even more. "Ash, now can you tell me where we are!" I squealed, my eagerness driving me to urge him.

But then I heard something that caught me off guard. I asked, "Wait, isn't this the sound of water?"

Ash chuckled when he heard me. "You guessed correctly!", he said.

My face broke out into a wide grin. If that was water, we'd be on a beach right now!!

After that, I heard Ash taking a deep breath. "It's time to reveal it," he continued, his voice brimming with excitement.

He then gently opened the knot in the fabric that had been put over my eyes with his fingers. With that, he gradually removed the fabric from my eyes. And what I saw sent my jaws to the ground. The view I saw was really breathtaking!

Standing where I was, I had a clear view of the sun setting slowly at the horizon. It was a sight that no one could take their gaze away from. But, when I shifted my gaze from the sunset, I was overcome with happiness to see a lovely white-coloured round table with flowers, two chairs adjacent to each other, and an umbrella at the table's side. There was a rose-coloured tablecloth on the table. In addition, the chairs were beautifully decorated.

But then my gaze shifted away from the arrangement and toward the path, which was built of stones and sprinkled with rose petals.

"Ash... Were these preparations made by you? ", I exclaimed in surprise, my gaze fixed on the magnificent preparation.

Ash said, a little chuckle escaping his lips, "Um, yes..." Probably after noticing my disbelief.

"Ash! It's simply... the most amazing sight I've ever seen! ", I exclaimed. This time, I was more than just a happy person. And with that, I embraced him in a hug, joyously folding my one leg in the air.

He stumbled a little as a result of my unexpected act, but then nervously scratched the back of his head. "It... was nothing," he said, a little sheepishly.