Chapter 4

A/N- Here is the second chapter for this week. It's still kinda early days for this story, although it will get more exciting in the next couple of chapters, I promise! Next weekend I may decide to post two chapters again rather than one, but we'll see how things go this week with readers and hopefully some more interaction from you all. Please feel free to comment, leave your feedback (I'm actually a little nervous that its been quiet although I seem to have over 10 readers for each chapter.. but baby steps, I know this.. I'm just being anxious), comment what you think, or just if you like the story so far or not, I don't mind, lol. As always, my wattpad Instagram is @sarahrwriting so please do follow it (if you have Instagram) for story updates, keeping up to date with my writing in general! Thanks everyone! See you next weekend!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

"Bella, wakey wakey" I hear as I dream. Then my eyes are open, adapting to the new day that has arrived. I look around and realise that I'm in a bed. I don't remember getting into a bed. Last thing I do remember, isn't even being with my ex, or out on the streets, but sitting on the sofa with Brodie, watching a film until I nodded off. But I was downstairs, on the sofa, I didn't make it to bed. I see Brodie perched on the edge of the bed.

"Morning" I yawn as I push myself up the bed into a sitting position.

"Did you sleep well?" He asks.

"The best sleep I have had in such a long time" I answer satisfied. "How did I get here though, into this bed?" I ask, confused.

"I carried you and put you in bed" He answers, like it's not a big deal.

"Oh, thanks, you didn't have to. The sofa was fine" I say. The sofa is just as comfy as the bed.

"I know" He says. He then reaches for something on the floor. "Here, I cooked you some breakfast, well, by now it's more like brunch, you had a good sleep" He says as he reveals a tray of cooked food. Brunch?

"What time is it?" I ask as I look around for a clock of some kind.

"It's around 10:45. You slept for about 12 hours, which I don't blame you" He chuckles at the last part. The plate has sausages, eggs, bacon, beans and toast on it, what I call an English breakfast.

"This looks and smells delicious, you didn't have to cook this for me" I say as I appreciate the aroma.

"You know what the doctor said, a good and balanced diet to keep you and that baby healthy, help that baby grow" He reminds me.

"Thank you, you're too kind, Brodie" I tell him.

"Just trying to look after you. It's the right thing to do. What I want to do, you deserve a break" He says as I dig in to the breakfast.

"I really appreciate it" I smile. "This is so delicious" I say as I eat. He helps himself to some of the toast. "Hey!" I chuckle.

"You're right, it is delicious, my cooking skills aren't bad at all" He chuckles as he eats.

"You don't need to keep giving me these kinds of meals though, otherwise I won't be able to push this baby out" I say with some sarcasm.

"Oh, you'll get that baby out, don't worry about that" He assures me. "You're over 4 months pregnant and you look like you're barely 3 months, we have a long way to go" He says. He stands up and goes just outside of the bedroom.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'm gonna take you out soon, so, I have a fresh set of clothes for you to wear today" He says, coming back in with some of his clothes.