Chapter 39

A/N- Hey guys, happy Saturday, hope you're all enjoying the weekend! Finally a breakthrough with the case against Jason! What do you think will happen now? Any ideas on what his fate will be? Also, as of writing this, I am 2 reads off 800, which means that with this chapter being on here now, it'll pass that little milestone probably in the next 24 hours, but I'd still love for it and gain a more impressive amount of reads! Only 5 chapters left, how do you think it'll finish? Let me know in the comments. Enjoy the chapter, I'll be back soon with the next one! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 39

Brodie's POV

I return to my desk with a smile on my face. We are finally going to get Jason, and it feels like it has been a long time coming. Justice is getting served.

I grab my phone and call Bella to inform her what has happened, as well as to check up on them, make sure they're surviving without me. I know they are, but still. I miss my family.

"Hey" Bella greets as she answers.

"Hey babe, how are things?" I ask as I look down at my keyboard, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"Everything is good. I'm actually surprised you didn't call sooner to ask me that" She laughs.

"I have been busy working" I point out.

"I'm glad to hear it. Have you been out patrolling the streets today?" She asks.

"No, but that doesn't mean I won't be at some point" I answer.

"Bella, is that my brother?" I hear Tori questioning in the background.

"Sure is" Bella answers.

"They're both still alive Brodie. Get on with catching that idiot Jason" Tori instructs.

"Actually that is what I am calling about" I say.

"You're calling me about Jason? What's happened?" Bella asks.

"I can't talk too much about it over the phone, but we have had a huge breakthrough with the case. I will be coming home soon, with the detectives so that you can be filled in on everything, and they can discuss with us both what happens next" I explain.

"Is it good? Please tell me it's good, Brodie" She questions, desperately.

"It's good" I answer.

"It's about time" She sighs with relief. "I'm looking forward to hearing all about it" She says. I look up and see that I'm being approached by Sergeant Lucas.

"Good. Err, babe, I have to go now. I'll see you soon" I tell her.

"Ok, sure. I love you" She says. I love hearing her say those words to me.

"I love you too" I smile and we hang up.

"PC Corbin, I just heard the news about Jason Woods. I've been hearing good things about your involvement with the case. Well done" Sergeant Lucas smiles, nodding once.

"Thanks, Sarge. It's a big relief that we've finally got something, enough to arrest him on suspicion of murder at least" I smile.

"I'm pleased. DS Larson also mentioned that he thinks you'd make a good Detective" He says.

"He did, yes. I'm not sure about that though, I'm honoured to pretty much be offered the position, I'm just not sure I'm ready to take it yet" I say.

"It is definitely something you should think about, Corbin, with what I've heard from Larson, you'd make a fine Detective indeed" He smiles.