Chapter 34

A/N- This chapter is in Brodie's POV (can't remember if I mentioned that last week?) and includes a song (I remember mentioning that last week, lol), we're going to see Brodie's folks again and get a look at how he's coping with not having Bella around and lets just say, he's definitely putting on an act that people aren't really buying. Also I am very happy and excited to inform you all that in the last week, this story has gained over 100 more reads, actually it isn't far from 700 reads in total (it calculates the reads from each chapter), so I am very happy with how much it has picked up in a week! Lets please keep it going! I really would love for this story to reach at least 1k reads!! And there is now only 10 chapters left for this story, any ideas on how it may end? Let me know in the comments.. and vote!! Thanks everyone, be back soon for the next chapter. You all are so awesome, I appreciate every single read this story gets!! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 34 

Brodie's POV

The house has been so quiet the last few days without Bella here. Not that she's a loud person to live with, but there's a noticeable difference without her company. I miss her company, surprisingly enough, it's also been weird not having to take her to work on my way to work, so I've been walking to work again, just like I used to.

I have to respect her choice in being with her family. Maybe it is for the best, times like this is when you need your family nearby the most.

"Ugh, thank god the shift is nearly over for today" Holden sighs as he comes by my desk. "When are you allowed to be back out there again?" He questions.

"Tomorrow, thank god" I answer as I put my pen down on my desk. Like I promised Bella, I've been working hard on the case to catch Jason. He's a dangerous man.

"Ah, that's good, I finally get my mate back" He says as he perches on my desk and helps myself to a couple of jelly babies that I brought in to snack on over the day, turns out I didn't eat many.

"Well, I explained to them that over the last few days, Jason hasn't been seen near mine or Tori's, and Bella isn't living with me anymore, so there's no reason for me to be on desk duties anymore.. time to move on" I say.

"Right" He nods, not saying any more.

"I'll still be working on this case, I'll just be out of the office after today and working on the case when I can, even when I'm not on duty" I say.

"You're determined, it's good.. but don't overwork yourself, Brodie" He tells me.

"I can handle it" I tell him. He nods.

"Do you fancy hanging out, once the shift is over? A drink?" He offers.

"Sorry, I can't.. family meal" I say, feeling a little bad for turning him down. "What about Astor?" I suggest.

"She's out with a couple of her friends, girls evening, which is ok, we've been spending a lot of time together, I don't want her to get tired of me" He explains.

"Oh, sorry.. if I didn't have this meal then I would hang with you" I say.

"No worries, another time" He smiles. "Anyway, I'm going to change out of this uniform" He says, getting off my desk. "Are you going to finish those?" He asks, pointing to the half packet of jelly babies. I shake my head and gesture for him to take them, he grins as he takes the packet and wanders off.

I sigh as I continue working. I promised Bella I wouldn't stop until Jason is off the streets. I'm going to keep that promise.

I'm concentrating on the work so much that I am startled as I hear my phone start ringing. I see that it's my mother and answer it.