Chapter 15

A/N- Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well! I'm excited for this chapter. There is a fair amount that goes on, Brodie has to deal with his ex, Kirsty, again. Bella and Holden spend a little time together, which is nice, getting to know each more in a way. And there is another Jason POV which is going to be the start of a storyline which will last throughout the majority of this story, I'm not going to spoil it, you'll have to read it. But he does something BIG and we get to know his character a bit more because of what he does. Like I said, I'm excited for it, and who knows, perhaps this will help the story gain more reads on it. I am hopeful for it! I got this story proof printed into a book this week (the book is around 800 pages!!) and I'm now using that book to help making the editing process quicker (I don't use my laptop in the week, so I make notes in the book for when I am on the laptop on the weekend. I've already edited 3 chapters). I could potentially look into actually publishing this story. I have also started a new project, a new story idea which is going to be rather different to my previous stories, and this one, to a point, which I'm excited for! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter, I am really excited for this one! Please leave me feedback on it, I would love to read your comments (I still have no comments on this story) and I'll be back next weekend!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15

Brodie's POV

"Alright, do you guys need me anymore? Or are you ready to get her to the hospital for treatment?" I question as I stand in the ambulance with the paramedics and the girl.

"No, I think we've got it from here. Thanks Officer Corbin" The male paramedic says as he treats her.

"Ok, awesome. I feel better knowing that she's out of danger now" I nod.

"Definitely. It's a busy road out there. It's dangerous" He says. I look down at the girl.

"Do you understand that you being in the road like that isn't safe. You're lucky you didn't get hit, because if you had been hit and it was fatal. I'd have had the horrible task of informing your family, your parents, and I don't want that. I want you to be alright, you're a young girl with plenty of life left to live. I want you to live it" I explain to her.

"I understand" She cries. The treatment they're giving her is helping her.

"I'd love it if you get some help, and get yourself sorted. Can you do that? Do you think that with the right help, you could do that?" I ask.

"I dunno. Maybe" She shrugs, making me smile.

"That's good enough" I nod, happily.

"I'm scared" She tells me. I assure her that she has nothing to be scared of. She'll be ok.

I step out of the ambulance so that they can transport her to the hospital to get better and I get back into my car, sorting out information that I need to log into the system. I remember that my camera is still recording, so I stop it. Sometimes I forget to turn the camera on and off, but we don't need it recording every second of our shift. Just when we're dealing with anything.

I need to get home and deal with the situation there, without getting into trouble with work for going there. I owe Holden big time for going there. He's off-duty and didn't have to help Bella and me out today. I need to drive there and hope that I'm not called for anything else, make it seem like I've stumbled across the situation or something.

Once the information is logged, which takes a few minutes, and I watch the ambulance leave for the hospital, I feel relieved that the girl is safe now. I hope that she'll get through this and get the help she needs. She got lucky today.