Chapter 21

A/N- Hey everyone, hope you've all had a good week, I have had a long week and I'm glad it's the weekend for sure! I've noticed that the reads on this story have picked up a little more again this week, which is great! I really hope the figure continues to climb and that I get more votes and comments on the story, each chapter as they are posted! If you've been following this story each weekend, then you may recall me mentioning that this chapter is a continuation of the previous chapter, and there is another song included (I love the song!), and I believe that the next chapter is also a continuation from this chapter, in a way, and there will be a song included in that one too! I am also as I write and post this chapter, debating on whether to post the next chapter tomorrow or to wait until next weekend, what do you guys think? We're just (I think) one more chapter away from being half way through the story! Anyway, as always, leave your feedback and vote, I'll really appreciate it! Enjoy!! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 21 

"Ok, lovebirds" Astor says, snapping myself and Brodie out of the moment in trance. I hadn't realised we were locked eyes. He must have been feeling somewhat uncomfortable watching me stare at him like that.

How embarrassing.

Wait, who's Astor calling 'lovebirds'?

"What?" I question as I look at Astor confused.

"My turn to sing" She says as sounding eager.

"You can sing?" I question.

"We're about to find out" She shrugs as she leans closer to Holden. "Only thing is, I can't play guitar, so I need you to work your magic, while I deliver the voice" She says to him.

"Sure. What song and I'll play the tune?" He asks, she whispers into his ear. "I think I can do that" He smiles and nods as he rests the guitar on his knee and strums a few chords in order to tune it.

"Then it'll be Brodie's turn. He'll be the only one left to show his talent" I suggest, encouraging him.

"Oh, no, I can't sing or play" He says shying away from it.

"Aren't we supposed to be the judge of that?" Astor questions.

"Good point, that would be interesting" Holden jokes.

"No thanks. I'm not chancing Holden not letting it go if I try to sing" He chuckles.

"He's not wrong" Holden admits while chuckling too.

"Ok then, Astor. Sing away" I say as I glance at Brodie, seeing him smiling at me. He has a gorgeous smile.

I look back at Astor as she gives Holden a single nod and he starts playing the tune to her chosen song. She starts off with a bit of humming.

"How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I can
" I watch Holden concentrate as he strums a few strings.

"How long will I need you?
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan
" Holden strums more as I look at Brodie.

"How long will I be with you?
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash upon the sand
" Astor has an amazing voice. I glance around at everyone as we listen.

"How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to
And longer by far
" Holden strums more as the song starts to get more in depth.

"How long will I hold you?
As long as your father told you
As long as you can
" I catch Brodie gazing at me and I can't help keep my eyes on him.