Chapter 40

A/N- Hey everyone, hope you're all well and had a good week! The next chapter is here and it's kinda nice, I think? The song I've included I think is quite fitting for the chapter, or at least part of it, haha.. I also like the song! Next chapter we visit Jason again, and with only 4 chapters left (don't cry.. I'm talking to myself), these final chapters are going to be quite intense. What's going to happen? How is this going to end? Will Jason win, or will he lose? I'm hoping that this story might reach 1k reads by the time it's finished, but somehow I don't see that happening as I'm only a little over 800 reads with only 4 chapters left, please share this story around, especially if you're enjoying reading it! Anyway, enjoy the chapter, I'll be back soon with the next one! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 40 

Bella's POV

"Is Brodie usually this late back?" Tori questions as we are settled together watching TV while I feed Tommy.

"It isn't often, but can happen if he gets held up with a call or something" I answer. I look down at Tommy as he feeds away. He has missed Brodie today, it's the first day since he was born that Brodie hasn't been all over him. They have really bonded, I'm relieved about it too.

"Hey everyone, sorry I'm back later than expected" Brodie greets as he walks through the front door.

"It's ok. We were just watching crap on TV, and I have nothing to rush home for" Tori shrugs. Brodie approaches us and leans over the top of me as he kisses my lips, then leans down to Tommy so that he can kiss his forehead.

"Have you missed me?" He questions jokingly.

"Tommy certainly has" I answer, teasingly. Of course I also missed him.

"Good" He smiles. Tori gets up from the sofa and stretches.

"I'll leave you to it then. I'm going to grab a takeaway on my way back home" She says.

"You don't have to leave as soon as your brother gets back from work" I chuckle as I point that out to her.

"I know" She shrugs.

"I have something for you, Tori" Brodie says before she can get ready to leave.

"Should I be worried?" She questions as he reaches into his work bag.

"Only if you have to use this" He answers as he passes her something.

"Ok. What is it?" She questions a little confused.

"It's a panic button" He answers, simply. I filled her in on everything about Jason earlier after Brodie and the detectives had left.

"Oh, yeah, right" She nods. "Why for me though?" She questions, confused again.

"You were in a relationship with him, engaged, if you even class a 24 hour engagement as a real engagement. I'm concerned that he'll be stupid enough to turn up on your doorstep, even after everything. And as your older brother, it's my duty to make sure that you are protected too" He explains.

"That's really sweet of you Brodie. Thank you" Tori smiles as she hugs him.

"Lets just hope you won't have to use it, eh" He says.

"Obviously" She says, rolling her eyes at him as they release each other. "Anyway, if that psycho turns up, he'll wish he hadn't" She says.

"If he does turn up, promise me that you'll press that button and call me. Try not have yourself in a position where you have to deal with him yourself" Brodie instructs her.