Chapter 13

A/N- Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a good week! I'm pleased to see that the reads for this sotry have increased a little bit, so I'm hoping that it'll continue to increase. I have also been thinking about changing the title and story cover, I had 'A Second Chance' in mind and I think that I might change it to 'Homeless - A Second Chance', the main title will be Homeless, but it'll be like a sub-title of A Second Chance. I've got a new cover which I personally think is better than the current one. So if I do decide to definitely change it, please make sure that the story is in your library so that you don't lose it. Anyway, here is the next chapter for you all. In this chapter, we will be meeting another character, she'll quickly become Bella's friend, she's funny and loveable, so I hope you'll like her! I hope you enjoy this chapter, please, vote and leave feedback, and I'll be back next weekend with the next chapter! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

Bella's POV

I wait patiently for Brodie to finish work. As suspected, he's later home than he'd usually be. I think that RTC has had something to do with him being later home.

I hope he is actually ok with me after the stunt I pulled earlier today. I am so lucky, and grateful that I didn't get arrested, that it was Brodie and Holden that pulled me over rather than other officers. I honestly don't think I'd cope well at all if I was in prison.

It gets to around 8:30 in the evening when Brodie arrives home, clearly looking exhausted as he puts his bag down and slumps down on the sofa next to me while the TV has some police programme on.

"I'm sorry I'm later back" He says, seeming happy to be home and chilling out.

"It's no worries. I hope you don't mind, I already ate, but I left you a plate in the microwave that just needs reheating" I say.

"It's fine, I appreciate it" He nods. He looks at the TV for a moment. "A car accident caused by drink driving" He says as he watches the situation.

"Yep. He blew well over the legal limit" I nod.

"It sounds somewhat similar to the RTC I dealt with. A drunk driver lost control and crashed into another car. Sadly it was a fatality for the driver of the other car, There's now an investigation to what happened, getting answers for the decease's family" He explains. How sad.

"I hoped that everyone involved in that would be ok. I'm sorry that it wasn't the case, are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's hard, you know, he was a victim of someone drink driving. We obviously tried everything we could do save him but, his injuries were too severe" He explains. I grab the remote and turn the TV off. Brodie doesn't need to see that after what he's just dealt with.

"I don't know what to say, that's.. horrible. I hope the family get the answers they deserve" I say.

"So do I" He nods, he then looks over at me and smiles.

"Do you want some dinner?" I ask, he nods and I stand up.

"It's ok, I'll sort it" He insists.

"No, you've had a long shift, it's been hard, sit and relax" I insist, getting my own way. I put the plate of food on for a few minutes, long enough for it to heat through nicely. I then take the plate with a bottle of cider to him, he deserves one drink after today.

"A cider too?" He questions.

"I think you've earned it, and you're not going back out tonight" I point out. He starts eating the food.