Chapter 33

A/N- Hey people! This weeks chapter is gonna be a little bit sad, but necessary. The next chapter includes another song. There's not much for me to say to be honest, so I'll leave you to read it. Leave feedback (33 chapters in and no feedback at all, although I have a few regular readers, I think) and vote!! Recommend/share this story to people to check out! I'll really appreciate the reads and feedback!! See you soon for the next chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 33

I look at Brodie as he stays silent for a few seconds, processing what I have just said. I wish it wasn't like this, but I can't stay here and put Brodie's life or his family's life at risk. I'm not sure if Jason is actually capable of killing anyone, but I don't want to chance it. Brodie is too good of a man to go through this because of me. I wish yesterday hadn't happened. I wish Jason wasn't released from police custody. And I wish I could find another solution to end all of this and stay here with Brodie. We've been so happy. I never thought I could be this happy in my life.

"No" He says, simply. Not in a controlling way, but rather in a way that he doesn't want me to go. "Please, don't go" He begs, looking me in the eyes.

"Brodie, I have to. Don't you understand, Jason is out there somewhere and he has already hurt you and your sister. I have to go, it isn't fair on you or your family" I explain to him.

"I understand, Bella, Jason is a horrible piece of crap" He tells me. I've clearly taken him by surprise, which in understandable. I wasn't expecting to make the decision so suddenly.

Look at what impact Jason has had already. He's made one appearance, the first one since I left him and now, now I'm putting other innocent lives at risk because I'm living here. I need to go back to my parents.

"If you understand that, then you'll understand that it's why I have to leave" I tell him.

"Don't do this, Bella, please. I can and will protect you and that little boy. It's all that I want to do" He says. Tears fill my eyes. I so badly want to nod and agree, tell him I'll stay. But Jason isn't his problem or his family's. He's my problem.

"I want to stay with you Brodie, I do. But Jason is out there now and he'll come back for me, I've now realised that he won't stop until he has me. I can't see you get hurt again" I say.

"Then we'll go away. We'll go anywhere in the world that you want, we can go for a couple of weeks, or even a month" He suggests.

"That wouldn't work" I shake my head, feeling bad. "Jason might not come back in a couple of weeks, or a month. He could come back in months or maybe even a year" I explain.

"Fine, that's easily sorted. We can go to Los Angeles for a year or two, rent an apartment out there" He shrugs a little.

"You mean it would be you renting it as I can't afford it" I point out.

"Fine" He shrugs. "I'll be me renting, but I don't care because we'll be together and safe" He explains. He does realise that I'm heavily pregnant and could go into labour at any moment. I can't travel across the world for probably around 3 months.

"Brodie, I can't just do that. I wish I could, but I'm having a baby in weeks, any day now. I can't leave the country now" I explain to him. He sighs and rubs his face.

"Fine, we won't get on any planes. We can go to Scotland-" I try to interrupt him to tell him it's not a good idea, but he continues explaining his point. "It's the other end of the UK and I'll be very surprised if Jason will travel that distance, we can be there in a couple of days in a hotel until I find us a place to live" He finishes explaining.