Chapter 28

A/N- As sort of promised, two chapters in the same weekend! This one is a bit of a filler, but still important as it does include another Jason POV, and as we know, he's currently living with Tori (Brodie's sister), known as Jack, as he continues his 'mission' to find and be reunited with 'Alicia'. The question is, is he getting closer to her? I hope you guys are enjoying this story, I don't know either way, but I think I have a few people who are following this story and have been from pretty much the beginning. I'd love to read your feedback, don't be shy, I don't mind what you comment about it, it may even lead to some small improvements on the story, if necessary. Anyway, enjoy and I'll be back next weekend with chapter 29!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

Bella's POV

After running away with Jason 4 years ago and being a victim of his soon after that, I never thought I'd be able to live blissfully, happily, and with next to no worries again. Yet here I am, living that life, a second chance. I'm happy and the only worries I have is the natural ones a first time mother has for her unborn baby, and there's always that worry in the back of my mind that I'm not actually rid of Jason, that I will see him again, I will have to face him again. I hope I don't, but the worry is still there and probably will be there for a long time. I feel content when I'm with Brodie, in fact, I've felt that way pretty much ever since we first met back in April. A little anxious and uncertain, but back then, it was a natural feeling.

"So, what would you like to do today? Seeing as we both have the day off work" Brodie asks as we drink a cup of tea together in his kitchen. We've just had some breakfast, a mini fry-up consisting of fried egg, bacon, hash brown and toast. It was delicious. I rub my bump, I think little man is satisfied with breakfast too. I feel like I'm ready to pop, my bump is big and I'm not so worried about the baby's weight as I was months ago.

"I'm not sure, have you got any ideas?" I ask, continuing to rub my bump.

"I have one idea" He answers. I nod for him to carry on. "We could go and buy some stuff for the little guy, set up a nursery for him" He suggests. Oh, that is a good idea. I have nothing for the baby apart from a couple of clothing items.

"Yeah, that's a great idea actually" I nod, eagerly. My due date is approaching and at this rate he won't even have any nappies, or bottles for feeding.. or a bed to sleep in. I have been saving my money too for getting baby bits.

"Don't worry about money and paying for things, you're covered for anything needed for him" He assures me.

"Actually, for once, I'm not worried about money. I've been saving my work wages for this, buying him anything he'll need" I smile. I've been thinking ahead and saving for the future, although Brodie hasn't mentioned the possibility of temporary accommodation. Our original plan was for him to house me (and eventually the baby) until I could get my own place for us both. But since things have changed between us romantically, there's been no mention of me getting my own place. I'm kinda happy about it, it leads me to the assumption that Brodie has automatically thought that he is our future home. Of course I need to ask him about it and not just live with the assumption. He may well say that we might be better if we live apart for a bit, and then move in properly. But what would be the point? Move out for a bit, only to move back in. Brodie hasn't mentioned it, but one of us needs to raise the subject at some point.

"Good, but you know that if there's anything you want for him that isn't affordable, I'm here to help" He assures me. I don't want to rely on him for money, so I will make sure that shop is affordable for me. It's up to him if he chooses to buy anything for the baby, but I'm not going to ask him to. I nod as I accept that he has good intentions, he means well.