Chapter 16

A/N- Hey guys, hope you're all doing good! Keeping this short, for once. I have officially finished this story, including all editing (I've work hard to get the editing finished quickly!). I have ordered some proof copies of the book and I have a couple of people from work who are interested in reading the book, so I think I may see what they think of the story as a whole and if they think it's any good, I may consider publishing it.. I'm not sure yet. I'm hopeful for this story to do fairly well, I think it's one of my best works so far, and if you've read and enjoyed any of my other stories on here, then this one should be just as good of a read, if not better.. for the storyline at least, the writing itself may not be of university standard, but I didn't go to uni.. but I guess I never know eh? Anyway, enjoy this chapter, and please leave feedback and vote! See you next week for the next chapter! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

Bella's POV

"So, how are you feeling? Today is your big day" Brodie questions as he passes me a cup of tea, he has himself a coffee.

"I'm crapping myself, in all honesty. But it's something that I need to do. I owe it to myself, and my family" I answer.

"I will be there right next to you the entire time. And if at any time you want to leave, come back here, just say so. There will be no judgement" He tells me. "It'll be fine. You'll wish you had gone back to them sooner" He assures me.

"I really hope so. I just can't help remembering our last conversation, and then Jason constantly reminding me of how my family disowned me and that both parties are better off being estranged. I believed him for a long time, maybe part of me still does" I say.

"Don't think like that. Be positive. Today will be a success" He tells me.

I really hope so.

We finish our drinks and it's time to get going. We have an 45 minute drive and most of it is on a motorway. Brodie checks with 'Arthur' for the traffic and all is clear at the moment which is good.

Brodie decides to take the Discovery for a spin as he hasn't had a chance to drive it much yet, since getting it for his birthday. It's a beautiful car. Obviously it's much like the Range Rover, made by the same company. A very smooth ride.

I happily realise that we're going even further away from the direction of where I lived with Jason. He took me over 2 hours away from my family, and my leaving Jason process, little did I know it at the time, started around 6 months ago.

"You've been quiet for a few minutes. What's on your mind?" Brodie asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I was just thinking.. about the time that I unknowingly started the process of leaving Jason" I answer.

"Oh. Anything you're comfortable talking to me about, help get it off you mind?" He questions.

"I became unwell, and discovered my pregnancy and decided to run away" I say. It wouldn't hurt to open up some more to Brodie, he's been nothing but amazing to me. "So, around about 6 months ago, I started becoming unwell and he allowed me to wean myself off any drug I was addicted to, which thankfully I wasn't as addicted as him. I was a regular user, but not as often as him. Then around 2, 2 and a half months ago, I went into town with him for some air and saw how couples were supposed to be. Happy. Visibly healthy. Then I saw a pregnant woman and that's when it dawned on me that I had some signs that I might be pregnant. So when Jason next went out to meet someone, I took the opportunity to get a test and it was positive, but I did the calculation and realised I was 14 weeks along. I knew then that I had to get away from Jason if the baby was going to stand a chance. I was already extremely lucky to have not had a miscarriage, so I vowed that I'd do what it took to keep the baby safe" I explain.