Chapter 6

A/N- Hope you've all had a nice weekend! Here's the next chapter for you to read. I hope you're all enjoying the story so far! Let me know what you think! Next chapter (or maybe two) will be up next weekend! In this chapter, you go into the past, the time when Bella, well, at the time Alicia, meets Jason, you get to see how their relationship begins. You'll also be introduced to Bella's parents. I hope you like it, enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Bella's POV

"Good work today, Alicia, you're really putting the work in. Keep it up and you'll do well!" My college teacher tells me as I finish my class.

"Thank you. I like to try my best" I smile.

"See you next class" He nods. I nod back as I put the strap of my bag over my shoulder and leave.

I've been learning to play the guitar, and a little bit of singing. It's really fun although it's a fairly new interest to me, maybe the last year or so, which is why my teacher is happy with my work. My parents even got me a guitar to help me learn at home.

I have now finished college for the day, so now for my walk home, which thankfully isn't too far. Home just the other side of the town centre, which also happens to be close to college. As I walk through town, I stop at my usual spot at the pond. I like to just stand here for a few minutes and observe the nature, mainly just the ducks swimming around, but I find it somewhat relaxing. Therapeutic.

"It's a beautiful sight, isn't it?" A stranger asks rhetorically from next to me. A handsome stranger, I must say.

"It sure is. I just love watching the ducks" I smile as I look between him and the ducks.

"I wasn't referring to them" He chuckles as he looks at me.

"Oh, and what were you referring to?" I ask, blushing a little as I suspect I know what he's saying.

"I think you know what I'm referring to, sweet-cheeks" He grins. I shrug as I feel myself getting nervous. Handsome, and charming. "The name is Jason" He says, offering his hand to me.

"Alicia" I grin as I accept his hand.

"Forgive me, but we've been passing through this same area at the same time for a few days or so now, and I'm just.. always distracted by your curiosity, and beauty" He says.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry that I've not noticed you, myself. I guess I'm just, too distracted by the beautiful nature here" I chuckle.

"Don't apologise" He says. There's a moment of silence between us. "Hey, I was just wondering, would you like to grab a coffee or something with me?" He asks. I have to get home, for dinner as well as college work.

"I have to get back home" I say, feeling bad for rejecting him.

"Right now? Can't you hang around for just half hour or so?" He pleads. He's quickly working his charm on me, and I can't reject his plead.

"I'd love to" I nod.

A couple of weeks later, I can't get Jason out of my head. We started dating around a week after our first meeting and, I have a good feeling about him. He's the nicest man I've ever met, and so considerate. He even surprises me by showing up at college to spend time with me. He has expressed some minor concerns that I'm 17 and not quite 18 yet, and he's coming up 21, not that that's a huge deal, but technically I'm still a minor.

But I've assured him that age is just a number. I'm happy, and definitely glad that we met.

"Hey, babe" He greets as he answers his phone. I'm on my way to college, walking through town as usual.