Chapter 9

A/N- Hello everyone, hope you've had a good week! It's time for the next chapter. This one will be in Brodie's POV, it'll be mainly him at work, you'll meet a few new characters, his colleagues, not big characters in this story, but they make a few appearances throughout. I hope you'll like it! Please, vote and comment, share the story around maybe, I'll really appreciate it, like, you have no idea how much I'll appreciate it, lol! Anyway, another chapter will be posted tomorrow, which I hope you'll also enjoy! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9

Brodie's POV

Tonight's shift is going to be difficult, I accidentally fell asleep next to Bella last night. But I can't deny that it was nice falling asleep beside her. It's been a long time since I slept next to someone, Kirsty being the last person I shared a bed with. Sleeping beside Bella was so nice, I can't describe it, I felt different compared to my previous experiences, and in a good way too.

But I can't become too attached to Bella, as she told my family at dinner, she is staying with me for just a few months, until she gets her own place. And also that she's not looking for a relationship, understandably. In fact, I wouldn't blame her if she never has a relationship with another man again, after what she has been through.

I'm not looking for a relationship either, I'm focussing on my career and what I have right now. Single life, since my break-up with Kirsty, has been nice, lonely at times, but still nice, no hassle or drama. Although I would like to settle down and have a family of my own one day, at the moment I find relationships can have drama. I have enough drama at work.

"Are you going to be ok with work tonight?" Bella asks as we pack up from dinner.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, just might seem like a long night but hey, I can have a good rest when I get back" I smile.

"I'll try and be quiet for you, to not disturb you" She says.

"Don't worry about it. After tonight, I think I'll request from my boss that I do day shifts only, until I've finished helping you" I say as I think about it.

"Brodie, I don't want you to rearrange your life because of me" She sighs.

"It's no problem, I prefer the day shifts anyway. And I like sleeping at night" I assure her. I see the time is coming up time for me to get going. "I should head off soon" I let her know, and tell myself.

"Sure. I'll be here in the morning. We both will be" She smiles as she looks down at her bump and rubs it. I hope so. I mean, because I don't want her out there on her own, I feel that it's not safe for her. I know we keep saying that Jason isn't going to be around, but you never know, he sounds like a guy who doesn't give up, so who knows, perhaps he knows people in this area and has them looking out for Bella.

"I'm just a phone-call away, as always, should anything happen" I remind her, again.

"I know" She smiles. I find myself pulling her in for a hug, wrapping my arms gently around her body, feeling her arms around my body.

"You know what you could do" I say as we pull apart, she doesn't say anything but has the look of curiosity. "Run yourself a nice warm bath and relax for a bit, then put on a film that you like, settle down for the night" I suggest.

"That sounds lovely. I am definitely going to do that" She nods.

"I would prepare the bath myself, but I do really have to get going before I risk being late, the idea just came to my mind now" I say, feeling bad, but she chuckles.