-MIDNIGHT MOONLIGHT-

Lazarus's POV-
I couldn't believe that I had found myself in this damn trap. There was no way in hell I really let my mate get away a second time. I hated the fact that I gave her no other option but to run. I hadn't been pouring into her the way that I should have and I have been doing much to let her feel safe and secure in my presence. So it was only a matter of time for something to happen that lead to this moment. Me having to see her god fathers and god mothers for help. I'm sure that this was going to be somewhat of a long process.

I know that I really couldn't run from what was going on. I couldn't hide myself under another woman. I couldn't use another woman's pussy as a way of escaping. So it's just something that I have to face. The fact that I got with a woman who sent demons out to my fiancé to kill her and who knows what they would try to do with her spirit. It was a classic tale of witches putting peoples spirits in bottles and even using the dirt from their grave to do palo mayombe. I sigh to myself and pinch the bridge of my nose. I could feel a headache coming on.

The question that Lestat asked me was the straw that broke the camels back. I had snapped out of the spell when I was signing that contract and then as soon as I saw her. Something left me, I felt a little lighter. I was so in awe of how fit her body was and the knife she carried at all times in her waist. I can't wait to have a fight with her. Just to see what moves she has. I smile to myself. But it soon disappeared, I will have to figure out my side of the contract. I don't mind all of us being in a relationship. To me it was my way of punishing myself. I felt I didn't deserve her, like giving her the opportunity to have another man in this relationship was something that would balance everything out and restore our union.

To be honest Lestat was the reason I had been so privileged to always know where she is. He is always chasing her in moments when I should be the one running after her. He's kind of the reason why I'm able to get help and she is too. I sigh to myself and watch the road ahead of us. It was very dark but the light from the headlights illuminated the road ahead. Behind us it was pitch black, there was a thick void of darkness. I sigh again. She deserves to be able to have to men. I have work to do when it comes to the way I act. Maybe seeing her with Lestat will straighten me up and teach me a few things about the other things I need to do.

I just felt like this man had been there throughout my entire life so his presence is not unwelcomed. He's been helping me since day one of meeting her. He was trying to show me how much of a bullshitter I was. So it only made sense for me to end up feeling like a fool. He tried so hard to show me that she is the prize. She is the reason I exist. Apart from my beautiful mother giving birth to me. It's still apart of my life purpose.

She is who I was made for and no one else. But I was too selfish and absolutely blinded by the list that had become fueled by my lack of clarity for myself and what it is I wanted in my life. I had been in and out of relationships for the past couple of years. So it's time for me to settle down and face my demons. I need to finally learn what it's like to be with one woman. Even though she will have another mate apart from me, I don't have any resentment towards her. He has traits that I lack right now. I may have certain traits that he lacks. Either way we will both be able to balance things out for her.

I can't believe that in such a short period of time she got fit and learned how to fight. I also can't believe she has battle wounds. I had hurt her caused scars emotionally and physically. I wouldn't even deny that it ran spiritually deep too. When I finish this healing process I will be sure to have a seal placed over the union we have. If all three of us has to do a ritual with her that is what we will do. I'm tired of chasing and I'm sure she is tired of running. It doesn't hurt to end the games and settle the scores sometimes.

I sink deeper into the leather seats. The idea of Lestat and I being her mates somehow, it turned me on. I know that he doesn't play about the women he gets with and he has nothing but respect and adoration for epiphany. I can tell he loves her too. Which is something that Solidified the idea of him not being shallow and only wanting her for sexual reason. I'm sure too that the sex the three of us will have is gonna be amazing. It's just that we need to spiritually connect and protect this union first.

I think it would be good for me to break the new to this woman that the wedding is off. Then I can make arrangements with Lestat when it came to setting up the wedding and contracts. I would like for a ritual to be done at the same time of the wedding. Just so we can have a sacred and protected connection. I want to make sure that no one can do any kind of rootwork or hexes to destroy our union. When it comes to the possible backlash I face from this woman, I'll have to figure out how I'll handle her. If she sends her demons to Epiphany, then I will have to fight for or alongside her and Lestat. I may end up having to kill her myself. I don't have time anymore for nonsense.

I made the mistake of inviting her into our home so it's kind of on me to handle her. As for Johnathan I will be letting his mate know what happened. That way he can decide if he wants to help us or stay with a traitor like him. I couldn't believe he would honestly stab me in the back like that. I sigh to myself in disbelief. I text the woman and let her know that I was going to be busy and that it was best for her to take a little trip to the neighboring country. She has been busy with modeling gigs so she was coming in a little later than planned. I wanted to make sure she had no way of being around me or even finding out that I know about her bullshit. That way she has no sense urgency to see me. She texted back right away and asked me if I'm being serious. She started calling and calling.

I could feel Lestat eyeing me. "You're not gonna answer that?" He asked almost annoyed at the loud vibration of the phone. I pick up the phone and answer it. "What?" I said coldly. "Why are you being like this sweetie?" She asked me whining. "Here's the thing, I'm gonna be busy for the next few days. In the mean time take a little trip and just wait until I contact you." I said to her. "But why sweetheart?" She asked. "Look, you know what... I don't think I can do this anymore. I think it's best if we just ended things and move one with our lives. This was a lot of fun. But I have a mate. You're not her." I said leaving her silent. After thirty second she spoke. "You're gonna wish you never said that." She said with venom, before hanging up. "You're gonna need to send my men to her place this week. Because I know you know she's gonna send those demons after epiphany. Without a second though or care in the world." He said to me.

"If she does that I will kill her myself." I stated. "You and me both. We have to be lowkey for the next four days. I'll tell my men to post up on her property tomorrow in the early rising. Just so she can have the protection she needs. I'm pretty sure this woman doesn't know where epiphany is. So she will be okay for the night." Lestat said. I nodded. "Just remember to send them. Make sure you text them from tonight. Just so we can have an eye on her." I said. It was midnight, the full moon was bright. I just knew that tomorrow would be interesting.