- GUESS I'LL TAKE THE WEEKEND-

"If I'm not mistaken, I left a note, and when you called, I told you I'd be back tomorrow at 5 pm," I said in a stern tone challenging his dominance

"If I'm not mistaken, I left a note, and when you called, I told you I'd be back tomorrow at 5 pm," I said in a stern tone challenging his dominance. He steps forward, and I step back. He does it again, and soon I'm up against the wall. He had this strange look in his eyes. "Tell me, why don't you take this time and space I have given you to be with your work wife? There's plenty of time for you to make her and move on with your life. I think we both can admit that the reason why you were and might currently be drawn to me is because of the spell I natively cast on you." I said, knowing my head was about to get bitten off. His brows furrowed as he registered every single bullet laced with pain that I'd just shot at him. His green eyes shift from hazel to grey to a cool-toned red. "I already told you that I use her for energy strictly and nothing more than that. I marked you for a reason because... I cut him off. "Because you wanna treat me like some little kitten getting a chip at the vet before coming home. You did this for your fucking benefit. I don't want you or any other man that walks this earth." I say, pushing him as hard as I can.  I walked away as fast as I could. He grabbed the scarf from around my neck to reveal the huge mark. I saw rage fill his eyes. "What THE FUCK is ThaT?" He yelled, walking towards me. Before he could get any farther, the lover restricted him and tried his best to get him to calm down.

"While out on the jog, I got a mark from the alpha

"While out on the jog, I got a mark from the alpha. I didn't ask for it but frankly speaking. I can't do anything about it. I'm his kitten for the season. So there's nothing I can do about that. I'm going to get my apartment away from you, crazy men, and I will continue working with you. But not in the same office." I said, ending my short speech. He hated every bit of it. I could see this look I'd never seen before. Disappointment, I don't know, but it made my stomach sink. I could feel my heartbeat pick up as I walked over to the couch. I sat down and opened the bottle of whiskey he had on the table. I took one big gulp, and it was good. The ice forming over my insides from the nervousness was melting away. "Let me go." He said to the lover. He did as requested. Lazarus steps up towards the table. "You will be no one's mate but mine for any season. You will not move out, nor will you get an office." He said. I laughed at him. "Well, it looks like we won't be doing business then," I said, adding a wink as a gesture of putting the cherry on top of the giant clusterfuck I made.