-CHAPTER FOUR- TOUCHED DOWN-

Lazarus's P.O.V
The jet touched down at the airport. The thing is that we'd have to drive out to the ocean and take the boat to the city. I haven't seen my family in such a long time. Though I didn't intend to, I know that I'd end up having to come face to face with them sooner or later. For some odd reason Lestat has been on my case about coming here to do business. In the midst of my wife running away and is not being able to find her. It made my blood boil and it filled me with anxiety. I hate the feeling of not knowing anything. I can't trace her at all and so far there's been no news on her. Johnathan and his boyfriend planned for a trip here in the next week. They've been doing spell work to help. But at this point I'm starting to feel like it's all bullshit. I'm too used to seeing the charmed episode where they'd grab the map or the globe and hold the crystal over over it. Somehow they'd immediately get the exact location of their sister.
I hate this feeling of being left out in the cold. Not knowing her next move or even where she is. I have not control over her protection against the evil forces that lurk in the dark. She was to stubborn to know that being my mate made her a target for trouble. I'm not there to protect her and it fills me with an overwhelming amount of concern. The only business I cared to do at this moment is interior design. If anything I'd want to buy a club and maybe design one of the many castles that my family builds and owns. We have inherited many castle, but we also invested in building a couple castles. This requires us to acquire a ton of land. But it lead to fine investment and payouts. Our family sells some to well renowned individuals and we collect funds from them. Which fuels our businesses and lifestyle.
The thing is that I never really noticed that I was a playboy. Not until now. Seeing that I only cared for the material and for feeding the lust which fueled my being. I never realized that it was hurting her. She was seeing me with another woman, which was an instant silent and deadly form rejection. I wasn't secretive with it and even if I was. I'm still wrong for doing it. Once I met her I should of dropped Jamie and put my focus on her and only her. But I fucked it up by being selfish. Now she has the opportunity to be with any man she wants. If she can block me lock enough she can find a way to break this soul bond that we share.
I knew that if I stay here long enough I'll end up over working to the point where I don't do anything else. Of course I'd be looking for her, but it's just those two things. They'd be the center of my universe.
Drinking is something that I do to calm my nerves or what little nerves I do have. The thought of her getting into some kind of trouble and giving no one to help her ran my mind through hoops. The thought of her being rescued by so tall, dark, and handsome man made my mind jump through hoops of pure dissatisfaction. I can't stand the used of another mans scent on her or even in her. Drinking will definitely be something I cut back on. Because the longer I don't see her, the more this a habit will build and soon I may become too attached to calming myself with this bottle of spirits. I don't want to mark her while takes over by the spirits. I'd do damage. Not bad of course, but the last thing I'd want to do is go hard on her for her first time.
All the thoughts were shaken out of my head when I felt Lestat pat me on the shoulder. I grab my bags and place them in the back of this car. "I think we should stop by your family's place. I think it would be good for you to see your mom and dad. I know your brother Has been a bit isolated for some time doing his wizard stuff. It would also be nice to see him." He said. "You know that's something I don't want to force." I replied. "It's best to get it out of the way." He said. "I don't really want to see my brother right now. I think it's best for him to have his space." I said feeling guilt flood through me. "You're gonna have to face him and apologize one day." He said. "I took his woman and practically had her in the palm of my hands. I don't think there much I can say to him to reassure him that this brotherly bond is still here. It's been shattered long ago." I said to him. He shrugged and smirks. "You never know, time has a way of healing things." He said. I didn't really reply to him. We just got into the black Escalades. The driver and security closed the door after we got in. They got into the front seats soon after.
—-
"Your sister should be back in town?" He was asking more so that stating that. "The last time we spoke she said her boyfriend had proposed. They were back in town for the wedding planning. Of course that means that's she's stressing out mom and dad." I said laughing a bit. I knew they're getting a bit of a run for their money. She's the type to have a huge fancy wedding. Her husband was more a simple guy, but he had the money to support her dream wedding.

"I'm sure this is an interesting experience for her. She is finally settling down. I know that she was done to date around. Now she's found he Prince Charming. Do you think you'd ever propose to Epiphany?" He questioned. I didn't hesitate one bit to answer. "Yes."