-LESTAT'S MIND 1-

Lestats POV-
I never actually thought I'd get the opportunity to meet this lovely princess. The funny thing is I've only been studying her on paper for a week or two now. James told me that Lazarus has a new girl. The funny thing is that Lazarus was more of a playboy. So anything close to commuted is not his cup of tea. But who I am I to judge when I've had my own past as a playboy. The only difference between the two of us is that I lost my mate fucking around with other women. He's just got his mate and I can tell he's gonna fuck it up if he continues messing with my cousin Jamie. She had a mate, who she hasn't found yet. I know for sure Lazarus is Epiphanies mate.
I had some investigative work done on her background. Supposedly she's a runaway who comes from very well off parents. She has money in her bank account, so she isn't a struggling artist or struggling in general. She found Lazarus through craigslist and he pulled her to the local Cafe to be introduced to her. Lazarus is still fooling around with Jamie so the spell she did is completely irrelevant if he isn't putting in any kind of work to keep her. That's if he even wants her. She's been going to the witch shop a lot lately which tells me she's into magick. I went there once but that was when no one was there. She had purchased a love spell and other things. Which shows the lack of attentions and affection she's getting.

Seeing her today made me realize that my game plan was officially in place and secure. I know that nipping her might be extreme but a man like Lazarus had to see his trophy get taken from him and ego stripped from him for him to actually realize what's going on. So I guess I might be betraying him in the slightest good way possible as a friend. I lost my mate and wouldn't want him to loose his. I guess you can say this is my own little lesson on  love for him. It may not be my place but it may have happened later even before I decided this.

I could tell she was nervous about what Lazarus was going to say  and do. I was intrigued by how she'd react to the whole situation.
—-
I got a call later that day from James saying that she had packed everything up and left the property. She left a note and nothing else but a shirt with blood on it. I knew exactly where she was and how to get to her. My scent was new in her which made it strong. My own mixing with her own. When things like this happen her blood has to merge with my venom and his venom. Which then starts a mini war in her body to see who's more dominant. He will most likely get to her before I do because he placed a bit of his blood inside of her. She's bonded to him in slightest bit way.
I packed light enough for a week. I got to my limo and got in. The driver shifted the gear into drive.

My goal is to obtain the land owned by Lazarus. It's nothing bad. Just business, he has land in many other states and he has a big strip of land and various properties in Italy. One piece of land shouldn't be hard to get in exchange for his girl. I would never fully mark her or touch her in the private areas she wouldn't want violated. I'm a man who's old school. Though I've only ever  dated women to put in a show for the cameras, I never really committed. I knew deep down my will come back to me. I know how to wine and dine a woman, treat her with gifts, and really make her feel like a queen. I don't like having sex a lot even though I am an incubus. I belong to my mate, I will abstain for her even though she has someone else. I know she'll come back.

—