-$9.99-

He was dressed in a perfectly fitting uniform. The run made certain features of his body stand out. He was lighter than me. His skin looked immaculate. His bone structure was symmetrical. Too perfect for a human. His lips were a shade of a deep berry. They were thick and kissable. I wanted to bite them. His eyes were grey and glowing brightly. Perhaps I was the only one seeing him. He was a lot taller than me. He had dirty blond hair. It was slicked back messily. He was holding his hat in his hand. He looked at me, observing my body and face. I looked away and continued searching for my book.
I found something exciting and started walking over to the cash register. He was waiting in line when I got there. I stood behind him. I didn't say a word; I just zoned off into space.
*****************

The bookstore extended to the dinner too, which was pretty unique. It was a mix of a diner, cafe, and bar. Candles dimly lit the area at each booth, and soft lighting was in every corner of the room. The bookshelves were in their little place on one side of the room. Surprisingly the small is that of metaphysics. He walked to a booth vertical to the one I had in mind to sit at. "Shit, "I said under my breath. "How may I help you today?" The cashier said. I hand him the tarot set. He takes it and rings it up. "That will be $20.00." He said. I wanted to pay ten. I smiled at him and leaned in. The dinner was pretty much empty. Only ten or so people were occupying the area. Most too consumed in what I was up to.

How about I get it for $10.00, and I give you my number." I whispered, gently brushing my lips against his ear. I could hear him gulp. I smiled to myself. "Oo-okay." He stuttered. I pulled away from him. I watched his innocent face turn frantic as he typed away at the little computer screen. His curly hair fell perfectly above his thick eyebrows. His hair framed his olive face perfectly.

The price was reduced to $9.99. I smiled and winked at him. His green eyes shifted as his pupils dilated. "Good boy," I said, writing my number down on a napkin that was on the counter randomly. He placed the book and receipt in a bag and handed them to me. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. I was leaving him flustered. I turned and walked over to the booth in the corner. I placed my items down and turned on my computer. I needed to find a place that was open and could tow my car. "What you like to order?" The waitress asked. " I'll have small clam chowder, the fried catfish meal with the broccoli and black beans as sides, and a medium green tea," I said.

She wrote it all down and walked away.
***********
The food didn't take long to come. My car got towed to a shop called Big Johnny's or something like that. He said that it would be a couple of hundred dollars for a new battery. But he said that he would give me a discount. So that's a plus. I took a sip of my shake and started eating my fries. I looked up for a brief second only to see him at the table. He ordered wine, and the waitress handed it to him. He smiled at her, and she had a spasm. He broke eye contact with her and connected with me. I looked away and took another bite of my broccoli.

I looked out of the window and instantly felt nervous. Mainly because he was blocking my view of the rain. I looked at him, adjusting my vision of him.
I took another bite of my broccoli, leaving a tiny bit of cheese on my lips. He leaned over, licking cheese from my lips."Well, you aren't as shy as I thought you were. I mean, apart from being a complete creep and all." I said, chuckling nervously. He didn't laugh. I took another bite of my food. "You're a witch?" He asked. I shook my head no. " Then how did a young virgin like you manage to summon me?" He asked. I choked on my tea. "If this is a joke, it's a very sick one. Why don't you find someone else to fuck with?" I said. He picks up a napkin and wipes off the tea that escaped my lips. He drops the napkin on the table and leans in close. He inches closer to me. I could feel my breathing stop. His eyes began to glow.

His lips touch mine, and instantly I become overcome with lust. I could feel a hot wave of pulsating energy going to my breast and core. I lean into the kiss, trying hard not to fuck it up. I pull away, gently biting his lip. I distance myself from him. "Does that feel like a joke?" He asked. I gulp. "What do you want from me?" I asked. "I should be asking that question. I mean, you did summon me, didn't you?" He said, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't think into it this far," I said. He clicked his tongue three-time shaking his head. I rolled my eyes.
"I just want to be protected," I said to him. "Is that all?" He asked. " For now, yeah," I said. "I want a boyfriend. But I don't think an incubus will be able to be a good boyfriend. So yeah, I'm just going to put that thought away." I said, finishing up my meal and moving on to my soup, which was warm. "Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" He asked. I started to nod yes. Then I stopped. " I don't know if you are capable. I mean. It's on if you want to. Or like me. I don't know." I said, looking away and taking another sip of my soup. "Do you want me to fuck you?" He asked.
" I don't know," I said, focusing on my soup. He had a smirk on his face." Have you ever had a boyfriend?" He asked. "That's none of your fucking business. Why are you even asking this question? Don't you have other females to be fucking with right now?"I said defensively. I grabbed my bowl, plate, and cup. I got up and took it to the waitress. Which was weird, but it was my only way of getting away from these questions. I walk over to the table and put my laptop and the charger in my bag. I sat down. He was still across from me. I scooted into the booth a bit more. He got out and sat beside me. I'm going to have to take an Uber to the house.
"I can take you to your home. It's closer than you think." He said to me. "No," I said.
*****************