-MARRIAGE- PREGNANCY- BIRTH-

The past three months of my life passed by so fast. I can't even begin to fathom how many places I've managed to visit with my husband. We mainly did beach locations,yoga, food tasting, and massages. I feel like that made my pregnancy speed by. During those trips, I noticed how relaxed and assured I had gotten in Lazarus. He kind of made me feel like I was deserving of the whole world and so much more. This man's whole character seemed to have been transformed. I honestly than my godfather for the work he had done. The thing about him is that I couldn't even get the chance to let him know that I'm pregnant. He literally knew as soon as he laid eyes on me. He had the big cheesy smile. Lestat was there and for some reason he was smiling the same way like they all knew something about my husband and I.

I was honestly so embarrassed, mainly because I didn't expect to get knocked up so quick. It just kind of sealed the bond between Lazarus and I. I was locked in as his for the rest of my human life. Im guess my children will be half human and half incubus. I just couldn't see myself holding a baby and breast feeding. I had this weird feeling in my stomach. I know I'm pregnant, but I'm not speaking about the baby. It's just like butterflies. The thought of carrying a child for this man give me heavy butterflies. Like I know that I can't run now. Cause I have two tracking devices growing in me. He would be able to find me no matter where I tried to escape to. I just can't fucking believe that I'm someone's baby mother. But at least I can also say that I was his wife first.

Every moment leading up to labor has been amazing. Everyone has created such a wonderful environment for me to just be at peace. I got to nourish my body and babies. I got routine checkups and made sure my health was really on point. I also kept fit, so that I'd have a smooth birth. No ripping at all. The whole idea of a good pregnancy is making sure the mother feels good and cared for. My god mother is my Doula so she is here to see me through this whole process. I was sitting on a yoga ball gently bouncing up and down.

Until the week before my due date I didn't have a written birth plan, but I knew all along that I wanted to aim for a low-intervention, unmedicated vaginal birth. I read a couple books and just went off of what I saw on YouTube and what my doctor and midwife told me. Overall, my main reasoning for wanting to try for an unmedicated birth was because I wanted to fully experience the labor process. I wanted to know what contractions felt like, to have feeling down there so I could push efficiently and heal quickly.

These first contractions were about 30-45 minutes apart and not painful, they just felt like a tightening in my belly. Around 10PM, the contractions were stronger. I could still walk and talk through them. I sat in polar bear position (a modified child's pose where your hips are lifted) for about 20 minutes, then did cat/cow position for another 20 minutes. This two poses seemed to help quite a bit. My godmother and midwife took a  look and said, "Okay, so you're fully dilated with a bulging sack... let's get you to the small pool." I was soooo excited when I heard this. When I heard that I was fully dilated, I knew I had done most of the work and that the baby would be here soon.

They had me squat and do three big pushes before, it took me a bit to get a hang of the pattern of pushing and breathing. After a couple inefficient pushes, I got the hang of pushing. Lazarus was holding me close  while my godmother massaged my back . I would tell the team when a contraction was starting and then the midwife would tell me to take a deep breath and push as she counted down. With each contraction I was able to push 2-3 times.

After two contractions with good pushes, Lazarus said he could see her head peeking out and with the next contraction her head popped out and then the rest of her body slid right out with the next push.  I did it again because apparently I had twins this whole time. Feeling their bodies slide out was the craziest feeling... like a huge gush and release at the same time.We didn't cut their umbilical cord because I wanted to have a lotus birth and let it fall off naturally.
Lazarus was so in love with them. He was rocking them both in his arms.

They got me out of the pool and into a nice shower to clean up. In five days I have to do a herbal bath. My twins and husband will also have to do it.