15|Another Seal

"Hello, Sam," Castiel greeted the younger Winchester.

I was still eyeing the other angel who had his back to us by the window. I couldn't make out much beside the large wings on his back, but I got an uneasy feeling from him.

"Oh my God," Sam stammered, "er- uh- I didn't mean to- sorry. It's an honor, really, I- I've heard a lot about you."

He stepped forward and held out a hand to shake Castiel's. Dean moved around me to close the door while Castiel stared at Sam's hand like he had no idea what to do with it. Behind Sam, I subtly moved my hand up and down to show Cass what he was supposed to do and his eyes lit up in understanding as he placed his right hand in Sam's.

"And I, you. Sam Winchester," Castiel said. "The boy with the demon blood."

Beside me, Dean tensed a little, and I slipped my hand into his, giving it a squeeze to calm him down.

"Glad to see you've ceased your extracurricular activities," Cass continued.

"Let's keep it that way," the angel by the window spoke without turning.

"Yeah, okay, chuckles," I quipped, glancing at him again before looking to Castiel. "Who's your friend?"

"This, the raising of Samhain, have you stopped it?" Cass inquired, ignoring my question.

"Why?" Dean demanded.

"Dean, have you located the witch?" Cass tried again.

"Yes, we've located the witch," Dean matched Castiel's tone.

"And is the witch dead?"

"No, but-" Sam started.

"We know who it is," I cut him off.

Castiel moved over to the table by the bed.

"Apparently, the witch knows who you are, too."

He held up a hex bag for the three of us to see.

"This was in the wall of your room. If we hadn't found it, surely at least one, but most likely all of you would be dead. Do you know where the witch is now?"

We all exchanged a look.

"We're working on it," Dean spoke for us.

"That's unfortunate," Castiel turned his gaze over to the mystery angel by the window.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"The raising of Samhain is one of the 66 seals," Cass explained.

"So this is about your buddy Lucifer," Dean stated.

"Lucifer is no friend of ours," Mystery Angel replied.

"It's just an expression," Dean informed him.

"Lucifer cannot rise," Castiel cut in. "The breaking of the seal must be prevented at all costs."

"Okay, great, well now that you're here, why don't you tell us where the witch is, we'll gank her and everybody goes home," I suggested.

"We are not omniscient. This witch is very powerful, she's cloaked even our methods."

"Okay, well we already know who she is," Sam pointed out, "so if we work together-"

"Enough of this."

I pursed my lips at the deep voice of the Mystery Angel interrupting again. Apparently, Dean was fed up with him as well, because he called him out.

"Okay, who are you and why should I care?"