50|Meg's Back

"I never would have guessed your daddy was right."

I glanced up when Bobby spoke, while Dean just continued reading the book in front of him.

"About what?" Dean asked.

"About your brother."

Dean did look up then.

"What John said," Bobby continued, "you save Sam or you kill him. Maybe..."

"Maybe what?" I growled.

"Maybe we shouldn't have tried so hard to save him."

"Bobby," Dean breathed.

"He ended the world, Dean, Ellie. And you or I weren't strong enough to stop him proper. That's on us. I'm just saying, your dad was right."

"Dad," Dean said, jumping up.

He rummaged through his bag, pulling out a plastic Ziplock full of cards.

"It's got to be in here somewhere."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Here," he grinned triumphantly, pulling out a card and reading it. "I don't believe it."

"What the hell is it?" Bobby asked.

"It's a card from my dad's lockup in Upstate New York. Read it."

He handed Bobby the card, who read it out loud.

"Castle Storage. 42 Rover Hill."

"Castle on a hill of forty-two dogs," I recalled.

Dean took the card back, placing it back in the baggie.

"So, you think your dad had the Michael sword all this time?" Bobby inquired.

"I don't know. I'm not sure what else Chuck could have meant."

"Yeah. Okay. Good enough for me."

My eyes widened as Bobby backhanded me, sending me to the floor and making my world go black.

Dean's POV

I turned to see Bobby send Ellie to the ground, her head hitting the corner of the bed and her body going limp. Before I could really react though, he had also punched me, sending me flying into the barrier between the kitchenette and the beds. He came over, yanking me up and slamming me down again, his eyes turning black. Grabbing me by the throat, he dragged me to my feet as two more demons, a male and a female entered the room.

"I always knew you were a big, dumb, slow, dim pain in the ass, Dean. But I never dreamed you were so V.I.P.," the female smirked at me.

She noticed Ruby's knife sitting on the table and picked it up.

"I mean, you're gonna ice the devil? You? If I'd known that, I'd have ripped your pretty, pretty face off ages ago."

"Ruby," I snarled.

"Try again. Go back further."

"Meg?"

"Hi," she smiled. "These are the days of miracle and wonder, Dean. Our father's among us. You know, we're all dreaming again for the first time since we were human? It's Heaven on Earth... Or Hell. We really owe your brother a fruit basket."

She walked over, nudging Ellie with her foot.

"My God, you like the sound of your own voice," I said, trying to draw her attention back to me.

"But you, on the other hand," she pointed at me with the knife, coming back closer, "you're the only bump in the road. So every demon- every single one- is just dying for a piece of you."

"Get in line," I smirked.

"Oh, I'm in the front of the line, baby. Let's ride."

Meg grabbed onto my face, forcing her lips on mine.

"What is that, peanut butter?" I quipped when she pulled back.

"You know, your surrogate daddy's still awake, screaming in there. And I want him to know how it feels slicing the life out of you."

She handed the knife over to Bobby, who placed it against my throat while I struggled.

"Bobby!" I yelled.

Bobby looked over at Meg for confirmation.

"Now!" she ordered.

He raised the knife, getting ready to stab me.

"Bobby! No!"

The black faded from Bobby's eyes, the knife coming down and an orange lightning storm flashing underneath Bobby's skin- he'd stabbed himself. He collapsed to the floor, but I didn't bother checking on him as I rushed at Meg and the other demon. The male slammed me into the wall, then the floor, continuing to beat me up. Sam happened to walk in at that moment, taking in the scene before him.

"No!" he shouted.

"Heya, Sammy," Meg grinned. "You miss me? Cause I sure missed you."

"Meg."

He and Meg started to fight while I continued getting pounded by the other demon. I finally managed to kick the feet out from under him, grabbing the knife out of Bobby and stabbing him in the chest with it. However, when I went after Meg, she smoked out of the woman she was possessing, who collapsed to the floor. I lowered the knife in defeat as Sam got to his feet and Ellie finally began to stir by the bed.

Ellie's POV

When I came to, Bobby had been stabbed, apparently by himself according to Dean, and I'd missed the fight with the other two demons who'd showed up- one of which happened to have been Meg. Sam and Dean carried Bobby down to the Impala, and we rushed to the hospital to get him some help. The nurses told us to stay so they could ask us more questions, but Dean insisted that we had to hurry since the demons heard where the sword was.

When we reached the lockup, we entered to find dead demons sprawled on the floor over a devil's trap. Apparently, John's traps had gotten to them before they could even begin looking for the Michael sword.

"I see you told the demons where the sword is."

I closed my eyes, clenching my jaw and suppressing a groan as we turned to look at Zachariah and his two buddies.

"Oh, thank God. The angels are here," Dean quipped.

"And to think..." Zachariah continued, ignoring Dean, "they could have grabbed it any time they wanted."

With a wave of his hand, the angel closed the door behind us, shutting us in.

"It was right in front of them."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We may have planted that particular piece of prophecy in Chuck's skull, but it happened to be true," he explained. "We did lose the Michael sword. We truly couldn't find it. Until now. You've just hand-delivered it to us."

"We don't have anything," Dean shook his head.

"It's you, chucklehead," Zachariah rolled his eyes. "You're the Michael sword."

Sam and I exchanged a look while Dean just stared at Zachariah in shock.