91|Samuel Campbell, Stephan Blossom and Crew

"Um... I'm s- I'm sorry. One more time like I'm five," Dean scoffed. "What do you mean, he's got no-"

"Somehow, when Sam was resurrected, it was without his soul," Cass explained.

"So, where is it?" I asked.

"My guess is... still in the Cage with Michael and Lucifer."

Dean and I were both quiet at that, glancing over at the giant tied to the chair.

"So..." I whispered, not wanting to ask what I was about to ask. "Is he even still Sam?"

"Well, you pose an interesting philosophical question," the angel tilted his head.

"Well, then, just get it back," Dean ordered.

"Dean..."

"Well, you pulled me out."

"It took several angels to rescue you, and you weren't nearly as well guarded. Sam's soul is in Lucifer's Cage. There's a difference, a big difference. It's not possible."

I swallowed hard, looking over to gauge Dean's reaction. His face didn't give anything away, hard green eyes meeting crystal blue as he spoke evenly.

"Okay, well, there's got to be a way."

"So, are you gonna untie me?" Sam piped up from his chair.

"No," Dean and I chorused.

"Listen, I'm not gonna-"

"Sam, how the hell are we even supposed to let you out of this room?" Dean snapped.

"Dean, I'm not some psycho," Sam insisted. "I didn't want you to get hurt. I was just trying to stop the vamps."

Dean glared at his brother and he sighed.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Please let me go."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Well, what are you gonna do, just keep me locked up in here forever?"

"You say that like it's a bad thing," the elder Winchester smirked.

"Okay, fine, look, I get it. I get it, Dean. I was wrong. But I'm telling you I- I'm trying to get this right. It's still me."

"Is it?"

"Yes. So just let me go."

"No way in hell."

"I didn't want it to come to this," Sam sighed again.

Our eyes widened as he easily got out of his restraints and stood up, throwing the ropes down on the chair.

"You're not gonna hold me, guys- Not here, not in a panic room, not anywhere. You're stuck with a soulless guy, so you might as well work with me. Let's fix this."

"Ellie and I are gonna be watching every move you make," Dean threatened.

"Fine. Sounds good to me," Sam nodded.

"Cass, clean him up."

Cass stepped toward Sam, placing two fingers to his forehead and healing him much like he had done with Maddie not even a week ago.

"Alright," I spoke up, "if we're gonna figure out what happened to Sam's soul, then we need to find out who yanked him out."

"You say you don't know?" Dean inquired.

"No idea," Sam shook his head in confirmation.

"Then we start a list," I suggested. "If it's so hard to spring someone out of the box, then who's got that kind of muscle?"