79|Trutina

Thanks to Crowley, we found out that the vaccine that was being distributed was full of Croatoan virus. So, we split into two groups. Sam and Cass were heading to stop the vaccines before they could be shipped off while Dean, Crowley and I were heading to Chicago to confront Death.

"Alright, well... Good luck stopping the whole zombie apocalypse," Dean told Sam.

"Yeah. Good luck with killing Death."

"Yeah."

"Remember when we used to just... hunt wendigos? How simple things were?"

"Not really," Dean shook his head.

"Well, um," Sam took out Ruby's knife, offering it to Dean, "...you might need this."

"Keep it," Crowley told him, materializing beside me. "Dean's covered."

He handed Dean a small scythe.

"Death's own. Kills, golly, demons and angels and reapers and, rumor has it, the very thing itself."

"How did you get that?" Cass asked him.

"Hello- king of the crossroads," the demon gestured to himself. "So, shall we? Bobby, you just gonna sit there?"

"No, I'm gonna river dance."

"I suppose if you want to impress the ladies. Bobby, Bobby, Bobby. Really wasted that crossroads deal. Fact- you get more if you phrase it properly. So, I took the liberty of adding a teeny little sub-A clause on your behalf. What can I say? I'm an altruist. Just gonna sit there?"

We all stared at Bobby, waiting for something to happen. And then, he slowly stood up out of the wheelchair and I was once again the shortest member of the group.

"Son of a bitch."

"Yes, I know. Completely worth your soul. I'm a hell of a guy."

"Thanks."

"This is getting very maudlin. Can we go?"

"Hey, let's stop for pizza."

Dean and I both looked at the demon like he was insane.

"Are you kidding?" I asked him.

"Just heard it was good," Crowley shrugged. "That's all. Up ahead. Big, ugly building. Ground zero. Horseman's stable, if you will. He's in there."

"How do you know?" Dean inquired.

"Have you met me? Cause I know. Also, the block is swarming with reapers. I'll be right back."

Crowley vanished from the backseat, and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Cass is team Pro- Sam saying 'yes'," I muttered, reading the text.

"Three against two," Dean muttered.

"Boy, is my face red. Death's not in there," Crowley said, rematerializing in the Impala.

"You want to cut the cute and get to the part where you tell us where he is?"

"Sorry. I don't know."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute. You don't know?"

"Signs pointed. I-I'm as shocked as you."

"Bobby sold his soul for this!"

"Relax. All deals are soul back or store credit. We'll catch Death in the next doomed city."

"Millions, Crowley," Dean growled. "Millions of people are about to die any minute."

"True. So I strongly suggest we get out of here."