100| Sam's Back to Normal

Maddie and I still hadn't told Dean about my pregnancy. Sam had woken up and didn't remember anything after falling. He was really surprised to not only learn that Bobby and Cass were alive, but Maddie was around, too. Bobby had gotten wind of a case, and I offered to stay behind and watch Maddie while he and Dean took care of it since Sam was still resting after what happened, but he insisted I go and he would be happy to watch her.

"You sure, Bobby? I'm happy to-"

"I got this covered," he cut me off as Dean slammed the trunk of the Impala shut. "Sam still asleep?"

"Yeah, let him rest," Dean nodded. "We'll call him later."

"Call me from where?" Sam asked, coming out.

"Oh. Uh, there's this thing in Oregon," I began, glancing over at Dean and Bobby.

"Great. I'm in."

"Whoa, whoa," Dean protested. "You just got vertical."

"Exactly," Sam nodded. "I'm up. I'm good."

"Well, a few more days of crap cable couldn't hurt."

"Right, because that's what you did when you got back from Hell."

Dean and I both stiffened and Bobby looked between us.

"Alright," Dean finally caved. "You, me, Ellie."

"Actually, I-"

"Oh, for the last time, I can take care of the kid for a few days without ya," Bobby glared at me. "Go take care of this with the two idjits."

Without waiting for my reply, he headed back over to the porch where Maddie was waiting patiently for him with her doll in one arm and her bear in the other. He scooped her up and waited while Sam, Dean and I all climbed in the Impala. I turned around in the backseat to watch them wave goodbye until they disappeared from view.

"Uh, got it, officer. Thank you. You, too," Sam hung up the phone. "So get this- besides the crash, there were two other disappearances in town this week."

"Really?" I asked, leaning over the seat in between the two brothers.

"Yeah, last weekend, a college girl vanished from her apartment," Sam elaborated. "On the seventeenth floor. Then, three days ago, a girl didn't make it home from school."

"They know each other?" Dean glanced over.

"No. No connection. Just young and female, like the plane-crash girl."

"What would disappear a girl out of the sky, anyway?"

"Good question."

There was a pause, and then Sam spoke again.

"So you guys never even tried, huh?"

"Tried?" I repeated.

"To go live a life... after. You do remember you promised that, right?"

"Yeah, we remember," Dean mumbled.

"So, why didn't you try?" Sam demanded, looking between us expectantly.

"What makes you think we didn't?" I challenged him.

"Because look at you," he gestured with a hand. "Look at this. You two are exactly the same... except for Maddie. You really didn't even try for her?"

I bit my lip, looking over at Dean, who's hard gaze was glued to the road.

"We were out for a year," I began quietly.