102|Telling Dean

It had been nearly two weeks, and I figured it was about time to tell Dean I was pregnant. I think he'd been starting to pick up on it, but since we'd been distracted trying to figure out the 'mother of all' deal, we hadn't really had a chance to talk about it. While the boys were downstairs researching, I took Maddie up to the room to get her ready to tell Dean, pulling the shirt we'd made over her head.

"Okay, you ready?" I asked her.

She nodded excitedly.

"Alright, head downstairs and show Daddy."

Grinning, she skipped out of the room and hurried downstairs. I followed at a much slower pace, waiting for my queue.

"Daddy, look!"

"What is it princess?"

There was a silence following the question, and I bit my lip. Then Sam started laughing and I heard Bobby swear under his breath.

"ELLIE!" Dean yelled.

"Yes, Dean?" I asked innocently, finishing my descent.

Sam was still laughing in his seat across from Dean, Bobby was shaking his head and Dean was staring from his daughter to me and back with wide eyes. Maddie was just grinning, proudly displaying her 'I'm going to be a big sister' shirt while sitting on his lap.

"W-what...?" Dean trailed off, finally just focusing on me.

"Surprise,"  I grinned back at him.

"Y-you're... H-how..."

"About 19 weeks, give or take," I shrugged, knowing what he was asking me.

"N-nineteen?!"

"Oh, and it's a boy."

You could have heard a pin drop. Sam had stopped laughing and they were all staring at me dumbstruck. Dean's jaw was slightly agape.

"I- I'm going to have a son?"

I nodded my head, still smiling. Bobby walked over, taking Maddie from Dean and nodding at Sam to follow him. They headed out of the room, leaving Dean and I alone.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"W-when did you find out?"

"Right after we found out about Crowley. Sara told me. Remind me to stay away from supernatural creatures and just take a pregnancy test next time like a normal person."

"Next time?"

"Well, you know," I smirked. "If there is a next time."

Dean was quiet, just staring down at me.

"So, are you okay?" I asked him again.

"Yeah," he smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay."

I smiled back, standing up on my tiptoes to kiss him and he leaned in to meet me halfway.

"We're having a boy," he whispered against my lips.

"Yeah, we are," I laughed. "And he's making it to full term this time around, I'm making sure of it."

"Does that mean-"

"I'll sit out more later; just do research from here or whatever. I need to have at least one normal pregnancy."

I didn't sit out of our next case. It was a week later, and Sam got a text with some coordinates. It turned out to be Bristol, Rhode Island and Sam had worked another case with Samuel in the town during the year he didn't have a soul. Dean and I kept telling him we needed to leave, put another hunter on it, but Sam insisted.