112|Emergency C-Section

If you had told me over a year ago when Ellie, Maddie and I were living normal lives in that yellow house with the white picket fence that I would hand my three-year-old daughter a demon killing knife and telling her to stab anyone who wasn't me, her mom, or her Uncle Sammy while I carried a pregnant, unconscious Ellie through the halls of the abandoned warehouse we were in now, I would have called you insane. We were the Johnsons, and there was no way in hell we would expose our daughter to the lifestyle Ellie and I were forced to grow up with. And yet, here I was, cradling Ellie to my chest watching my daughter kill demons while we searched for Sam.

"Dean!" Sam's voice yelled from inside a room.

"Sam?" I called back.

"I'm in here!" Sam pounded on the door.

Setting Ellie down gently on the floor and leaving Maddie beside her, I pulled out my gun from the waistband of my pants and shot the lock off the door. Sam came out of the room and looked over at Ellie and Maddie.

"Come on, we gotta get to a hospital," I told him. "We need a ride."

I lifted Ellie back into my arms and Sam took over for Maddie, taking the knife from her in addition to the duffel bag I had had over my shoulder that held a shotgun of salt shells I hadn't been willing to let the toddler use. When we exited the building, Sam hurried off to hotwire a car while Maddie hovered close to me. He pulled up not long after.

"Go, go, go, go," I urged him.

Maddie had climbed up front with Sam while I was in the back with Ellie in my lap. I checked her pulse again as well as for any more movement from Zep; both were weak, but still there.

"Sammy, you got to go faster man," I told him, then looked back down at Ellie. "Come on, Ellie Bear, stay with me. Everything's going to be okay. You're gonna be just fine."

Ellie had been rushed into emergency surgery as soon as we got to the hospital. They had detected faint heartbeats from both her and Zep, and decided they needed to perform an emergency C-section to try and save both her and Zep's lives. Maddie was sitting next to Sam in the waiting room while I paced agitatedly.

"Dean, maybe-" Sam began.

"Don't," I growled.

He immediately shut his mouth, not saying anything else. It was over an hour later that a doctor came out with news.

"Mr. Johnson?"

I stopped pacing, looking up expectantly at the doctor.

"Yes?"

"Your wife and son are out of surgery. We were able to get them both stabilized and in recovery. It will be a while before it's safe to hold your son, but you will be able to see him soon, along with your wife."

"But they're both okay?"

"Yes, they are," the doctor nodded. "Someone will come let you know when it's okay to see your wife."

"Thanks, doc."

He nodded and disappeared back through the doors he had come through. Feeling some of the weight lifted from my shoulders, I walked over and sat on the other side of Maddie from Sam.

"Mommy's going to be okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, baby. Mommy's going to be okay," I told her, smiling a little.

Ellie's POV

When I opened my eyes, I didn't know where I was. I had several tubes stuck in my hands and arms that led over to monitors beside my bed that were keeping track of my vitals and the smell of disinfectant was burning my nose.

Hospital.

Why was I in a hospital? The last thing I remembered was being at the motel room in Sioux Falls and Crowley showing up... Crowley. He had said he was keeping me and Maddie hostage until Sam and Dean backed off. And then he had that demon possess me... I felt my heart speed up as flashes of what happened slowly started coming back to me, the monitor next to my bed betraying me.

"Whoa, whoa, Ellie. Ellie, it's okay, take it easy," a voice said.

Turning my head, I registered that the voice was coming from Dean.

"D-Dean? W-what-?"

"It's okay," he assured me again. "You hit your head pretty hard and the doctors had to perform an emergency C-section to try and save you and Zep. He's fine, too. They haven't let me hold him, because he's pretty weak still, but they're keeping him under observation and they said you both are going to recover."

When he mentioned Zeppelin, my hand automatically flew to my now-flat stomach.

"C-Crowley," I croaked, voice breaking.

"Don't worry about that right now," Dean shook his head. "Sam and Bobby are taking care of it. Maddie wanted to stay and see you when you woke up, but it was getting late, so Sam took her back to Bobby's to get some sleep."

I nodded, yawning as I stared up at him.

"You should get some more rest, too. I'll be here when you wake back up."

"You don't... have to," I muttered sleepily, settling back into my pillows and speaking through another yawn. "You can go help... stop Crowley and Cass..."

I felt Dean's lips press against my forehead and heard him say something to me before sleep overtook me, but was too out of it to make out the words.

Unknown POV

My feet pounded against the pavement, moving me further away from the red and blue flashing lights and sirens. I tried to open a nearby door on a building, but it was locked. Kicking a nearby gate open, I hid behind the wall while the police car passed by. Once it was gone, I moved toward a door labeled 'Delivery Entrance Only' and entered the building. Inside, a young woman was standing behind the dark and otherwise empty bar.

"Hey, we're closed," she told me.

"Just, uh, just give me a second," I said, moving toward the window.

"So, pal, we- we open at noon."

"Look, you don't understand."

Outside, the cop car passed by again and I quickly ducked away from the window.

"Okay, I- I think I understand just fine," the young woman said. "Look I- I don't need this kind of hassle. So seriously, get the hell out."

"Please," I begged. "Please, just give me a minute to think, that's all. Then I'm out of your hair. One minute. Please."

I attempted to catch my breath while the young woman placed a baseball bat she'd just gotten from under the counter back down.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"I don't know," I shook my head.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean, I don't remember. I don't remember anything."