40|Jimmy Novak

We were making our way through the warehouse the note Cass had left for Dean said to go to.

"Well, what did he say, Dean? What was so important?" I hissed.

"If I knew, would I be here?"

I grimaced, knowing he had a point. I had even tried tapping into whatever angelic abilities I  had to see if I could get Castiel to talk to me to no avail. As the three of us ascended a flight of stairs, a gruesome sight met our eyes.

"What the hell?" Dean asked.

"It looks like a bomb went off," Sam said.

"There was a fight here," I muttered.

"Between who?" Sam looked over at me.

Dean's flashlight landed on a symbol painted in blood on the wall.

"Check it out. Look familiar?"

"Yeah, it does."

"Anna used something like that to wish the angels back to the cornfield."

"So, what? Cass was fighting angels?" Sam inquired.

"I don't know," Dean shrugged.

I bit my lip, casting the light from my flashlight across more of the rubble.

"Cass?" Dean called, when he saw a figure lit up by my light. "Cass. Hey, Cass?"

"Dean-" I tried to stop him.

"What's...? What's...? What's going on?" the man who was formerly possessed by Cass asked.

"Just take it easy. Take it easy," Dean told him.

"Oh. No," the man muttered.

"Cass, you okay?" Sam asked.

"Ugh. Castiel. I'm not Castiel. It's me."

"Who's 'me'?" I asked quietly.

"Jimmy. My name's Jimmy."

"Where the hell is Castiel?" Dean demanded.

"He's gone," Jimmy and I spoke in unison.

We brought Jimmy with us back to the motel where he proceeded to tear through several burgers ravenously.

"Mmm," he hummed hungrily.

"You mind slowing down?" Dean scoffed. "You're gonna give me angina."

"I'm hungry," Jimmy stated.

I chewed on my lip, watching Jimmy quietly. It was weird seeing him without the giant black wings furled on his back.

"When's the last time you ate?" Sam asked.

"I don't know," Jimmy shook his head. "Months."

He continued to eat ravenously, humming in satisfaction again.

"What the hell happened back there? It looked like an angel battle royale," I spoke finally for the first time since the warehouse.

"All I remember is a flash of light and I, uh... I woke up and I was just, you know, like, me again."

I swallowed hard, unable to meet Jimmy's eyes. It was crazy how... not Cass he was, from the way he sounded to the way he moved. Even if I didn't have a clear indication from the lack of wings, the signs that the man sitting across from Sam and Dean at the table was not the usual angel were obvious.

"So, what?" Dean inquired. "Cass just ditched out of your meat suit?"

"I really don't know," Jimmy replied.