93|All Freaks Go to Purgatory

"Ellie?"

I turned from the window to look over at Dean. We had parked a little ways away from the Campbell base while Sam went to try and trick Samuel and Stephan into letting him in on the interrogations. We weren't sure whether or not he'd be back.

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"You already said that, Dean."

"Yeah, I know, but... I shouldn't have tried to keep you out of this. You've been as much a part of everything as Sam and I have been since the beginning. You're a Dawson, and that means you have just as much right to this life as us."

"Why is that?"

"What?"

I chewed my lip, glancing down briefly before meeting Dean's eyes once more.

"We were out, Dean. And we told everyone we were married, but you never once asked me that question. We never actually got married. Why is that?"

"I.." he hesitated, "I don't know. I thought about it. I wanted to. But... I don't know. It just never seemed practical, I guess. I mean, I'm technically dead, so we could never legally be married, so I just... didn't bother asking you."

"You... You're kidding me."

"Ellie, I-"

"No, Dean, I get it," I shook my head. "It could never be official, so why bother, right? It's just a piece of paper, anyway."

Before Dean could say anything else, Sam climbed into the car with a laptop open.

"Hey," Dean greeted him.

"You didn't think I'd come back," Sam accused us.

"We figured 60/40," I shrugged, not meeting Dean's eyes.

"So, they didn't take the bait. So, I went with plan B," Sam informed us.

"We had a plan B?" Dean asked in surprise.

"Fired up the GPS on one of their cellphones," Sam explained. "We should be able to track them straight to the alpha."

"The old men won't notice?" 

"Trust me. They think Velcro is big news."

The laptop on Sam's lap beeped and he smirked.

"There. Got 'em."

When we arrived at the abandoned warehouse, there was dead man's blood on the door to keep other vamps from trying to come rescue the alpha. We hid just outside of one of the rooms when we heard Samuel's voice coming from within.

"Where is it? Answer the question. Where is it? How do we find it?"

There was a sound like electricity crackling.

"Ouch. Stop. That hurts," a sarcastic voice responded.

"This- This is club med compared to what we have planned for you," Stephan continued. "We got- we got all the time in the world."

"Well, that makes two of us," the other voice said.

A clattering sound rang out and then it was quiet inside the room. I glanced back at Dean and Sam, and then the foreign voice spoke again.

"Are you three going to hide all night? Come on out, kids."

After a moment's hesitation, we all rounded the corner and entered the room. The man who had spoken, the alpha vamp, was locked up in some sort of cage. He smiled at us as we advanced cautiously.