38|Chuck the Prophet

Dean and I left Sam holed up in a sleazy motel room with some hex bags to ward off Lilith after taking his laptop to insure he wouldn't do any research while we were gone. The manuscript said we drove around in the Impala all day, so we parked her and decided to go for a walk. We crossed the street, then Dean looked back to see two teenagers trying to break into the car.

"Hey!" Dean yelled, running back toward them.

At that moment, a minivan careened toward him, and he was unable to get out of the way in time, falling to the ground unconscious.

"Dean!" I yelled, running toward him as the people in the van climbed out.

The woman, who was wearing long silver star-shaped earrings and a young girl checked on him and I noticed the two teenagers who were trying to steal Baby still by her. Hesitating as I looked back at Dean, I headed over to scare them off, but not before they shattered the Impala's back window with a crowbar.

"Damnit, Dean's gonna kill me," I muttered.

"Oh, my God! Just take it easy, you're gonna be okay," I heard the woman from the van say.

I looked over to see Dean stirring in the road.

"Stars," he muttered incoherently.

"What was that?" she asked. "I'm so sorry. I just didn't see you. Are you okay?"

Dean sat up and I walked over to help.

"And sorry about... you know," the woman continued. "M-my daughter's going through a doctor phase."

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked her, and I snickered.

Dean had three flowery pink Band-Aids on the left side of his face, put there by the little girl from the van.

"You're all better now," she informed him.

I swallowed hard, my heart clenching in my chest at the young girl's voice. Gaining a little more lucidity, Dean looked across the street to the now-shattered window of the Impala.

"Oh, no..." he breathed.

"I tried to stop them-" I tried defending myself as Dean fumed, storming over to the Impala.

He caught a glimpse of himself in the side window of the car, seeing the Band-Aids on his face. He frowned, peeling one of them off. After securing a tarp over the back window, we drove toward Chuck's house, Dean still fuming. We arrived before him, waiting in the living room.

"Dean, I'm so-"

"Save it," Dean growled.

He had taken off the remaining Band-Aids from his face and was now just plain angry.

"Dean, Eleanor," Chuck greeted us when he arrived.

"I take it you knew we'd be here," Dean said off Chuck's unsurprised expression.

"You look terrible," Chuck informed him.

"That's cause I just got hit by a minivan, Chuck."

"Oh."

"That it?" Dean asked, raising his voice as he stood up. "Every damn thing you write about me comes true; that's all you have to say is 'oh'?"

"Please don't yell at me."

"Why do I get the feeling there's something that you're not telling us?"

"What wouldn't I be telling you?"

"How you know what you know, for starters!"

"I don't know how I know, I just do!"

"That's not good enough!" Dean shoved Chuck against the wall. "How the hell are you doing this?!"