78|Cass, Pestilence, and Crowley's Insurance

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Dean-"

"No, don't 'Dean' me. I mean, you have had stupid ideas in the past, but this-"

We were back at Bobby's and Sam had just told Dean about his plan to let Satan in.

"Did you two know about this?" Dean shot at Bobby and me.

"What?" Bobby asked.

"About Sam's genius plan to cram the Devil down his throat."

Bobby and I both nodded.

"Well, thanks for the heads up!"

"Hey, this ain't about me," Bobby protested.

Dean moved his gaze to me.

"Don't look at me. I told Sam I'd talk to Bobby, but he had to be the one to convince you."

"Wait, you don't... agree with his plan, do you?"

"Dean, what did I tell you in that panic room before we went after Adam?"

Dean groaned, ignoring me and turning to face his brother once more.

"You can't do this."

"It's two against two, Dean."

"Well, I ain't budging, so end of discussion."

Dean's phone rang, and he groaned.

"This isn't over. Hello?... Cass?"

"Cass? Is he okay?" I asked, but Dean ignored me.

"We thought you were dead. Where the hell are you, man?... Are you okay?... You want to elaborate?"

I glared expectantly at Dean, wanting to know what Cass was saying on the other end.

"S-so, a hospital?"

My eyes widened, and I swiped Dean's phone in frustration, putting it on speaker.

"-appeared, bloody and unconscious, on a shrimping boat off Delacroix. I'm told it upset the sailors," Cass's voice came through the phone.

"Uh, well, I got to tell you, man," Dean said, grabbing the phone back, but keeping it on speaker. "You're just in time. We figured out a way to pop Satan's box."

"How?" the angel asked.

"It's a long story," I piped up, "but, look- we're going after Pestilence now."

"So if you want to zap over here..." Dean cut in.

"I can't 'zap' anywhere."

"What do you mean?"

"You could say my batteries are- are drained."

"What do you mean? You're out of angel mojo?"

"I'm saying that I'm thirsty and my head aches. I have a bug bite that itches no matter how much I scratch it, and I'm saying that I'm just incredibly-"

"Human," I finished. "Wow. Sorry."

"Well, my point is- I can't go anywhere without money for... an airplane ride. And food. And more pain medication, ideally."

"Alright. Well, look, no worries," Dean sighed. "Uh, Bobby's here. He'll wire you the cash."

"Dean, wait."

"I will?" Bobby asked.

"You said 'no' to Michael," Cass said. "I owe you an apology."