71|Not Cupid

"Are we really not going to address-"

"So, what, you just happen to know he likes the cosmos at this place?"

I gave a huff of annoyance, sitting back with a scowl.

"This place is a nexus of human reproduction," Cass explained, watching Dean put ketchup on his cheeseburger. "It's exactly the kind of- of garden the Cupid will come to- to pollinate."

Dean put his cheeseburger back down on his plate without taking a bite.

"Wait a minute," Sam said around a bite of salad. "You're not hungry?"

"No. What?" Dean looked over at his brother. "I'm not hungry."

"Then you're not gonna finish that?"

Cass didn't wait for a response, reaching over and taking the untouched cheeseburger.

"He's here," he said, taking a bite as he stared at a couple across the room.

"Where? I don't see anything," Sam said.

"There," Castiel nodded toward the couple, continuing to eat the burger.

"You mean the same-side-of-the-booth couple over there?" Dean asked.

"Meet me in the back."

Cass didn't wait for a response again, just vanishing from our table. We all hurried to the back room to find Cass by himself.

"Cass, where is he?" I asked.

"I have him tethered," the angel replied. "Zoda kama mahrana. Manifest yourself."

"So where is he?" Dean demanded, suddenly getting hugged from behind. "Oof!"

"Here I am!" the Cupid said cheerfully.

"Help!" Dean yelped.

"Oh, help is on the way," the Cupid continued. "Yes, it is. Yes, it is. Hello you!"

Dropping Dean, the cherub made his way over to me, giving me the same treatment.

"Ugh," I grunted.

"And you!"

I was dropped as well, the angel going over to give Cass a hug as well.

"Ooh. Mmm," Cass hummed.

"This is Cupid?" Dean asked.

"Yes," Cass gasped out.

"And look at you, huh?"

"No."

The Cupid's attention zoned in on Sam, who turned to try and get away, but found himself also wrapped in the arms of the naked angel.

"Yes!" the angel corrected Sam. "Yes, yes, yes!"

"Is this a fight?" Dean asked. "Are we in a fight?"

"This is... their handshake," Cass explained slowly.

"I don't like it."

"No one likes it."

"Mm," the Cupid hummed, setting down Sam. "What can I do for you?"

"Why are you doing this?" Cass demanded.

"Doing what?"

"Your targets- the ones you've marked- they're slaughtering each other."

"What? They are?"

"Listen, birthday suit, we know, okay?" Dean addressed the cherub. "We know you've been flittin' around, popping people with your poison arrow, making them murder each other!"