94|The King of Hell

Dean grabbed my hand as we all took off running to escape the alpha vampire.

"How much dead man's blood we got left?" Samuel asked.

Christian held up two syringes.

"How long till the alpha's one hundred percent?" Dean asked.

"Hour. Maybe less," Stephan shrugged.

"We need to get him dosed up and back in the cage," Samuel added.

"No," Dean and I chorused.

"What do you mean 'no'?" Stephan demanded.

"We mean, we don't know what you're big plan was, but playing catch is not on the table," I growled.

"Guys-" Samuel began.

"We take this thing's head off, or it kills us all!" Dean cut in before he could continue. "You know that. Okay, we split up. Clear every room. You get a shot, you take it. It's not gonna kill him, but dude will move a lot slower without any kneecaps. And if we make it through this, you, me, Ellie, Stephan and Sam are having one hell of a family meeting."

Christian, Sam, Samuel and Stephan went one way while Dean, Gwen and I went another. By the time our group caught up to theirs, Christian and two other Campbells had grabbed the alpha and they all vanished. We looked around at Sam, Samuel and Stephan for some kind of explanation when somebody started slow clapping.

"Well, that was dramatic," a familiar voice said.

"Crowley?" Sam asked.

"Hello, boys. Eleanor. What an unexpected treat."

"Bring Christian back now," Samuel demanded.

"I'm sorry?" Crowley asked.

"My nephew! The one you just crammed a demon into!"

"Oh. No. I had him possessed ages ago. Samuel, really. I keep an eye on my investments."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait," I piped up. "You two know each other?"

"Not in the biblical sense. More of a business relationship, I'd say," Crowley replied.

"You're Crowley's bitch," Sam translated.

"It's not what you think," Samuel defended lamely.

"It's precisely what you think," Crowley said. "The alpha he and Stephan caught me is getting them a gold star."

"Since when do you care about vampires?" Dean asked.

"Since, uh... what's today... Friday?" Crowley asked. "Since, let's see- mind your own business."

"You may as well share with the class, Crowley. We know you're looking for Purgatory," Sam told him.

"So you heard about that?"

"Yeah. You want to tell us why?"

"Isn't it obvious? Location, location, location. I'm a developer. Purgatory is vast, underutilized, and Hell-adjacent, and I want it."

"What for?" I inquired.

"Best shut your gob. Employees don't question management."

"We ain't your employees," Dean growled.

"Of course you are!" Crowley smirked. "Have been for some time now, thanks to Gramps 1 and Gramps 2. I don't keep Captain Chromedome and his sidekick around for their wit, do I? Samuel and Stephan know things. More than any of you, actually. Walking encyclopedias of the creepy and the crawly. And I knew... you three are so hung-up on family-loyalty nonsense, they said jump, you'd get froggy."