Idea #2: My Strength and My Weakness

Information:

An orphaned Luz is a weak witch, one of the weakest in her class grade and is constantly ridiculed for it. So in a moment of weakness, she travels to the Night Market for something to help increase he magic. She soon meets a shady dealer by the name of Silco and is given a taste of an "enhancement aid"/drug called "Shimmer" and it can last 1 week with each dose. After feeling her power reach a higher level than before, she comes back for more and more before becoming an addict. The side effects would take their toll and leave her weak as Luz came across someone that could help save Luz from herself, Eda. Luz would be unofficially adopted by Eda and taken to the owl house to recover but she suffered from withdrawal, near relapse, and tries stealing items to help buy more shimmer. It got so bad, her friends found out and vowed to help Luz kick the habit. But the real question is does she WANT to stop and go back to being the weakest witch in her class grade?

Inspiration:

Arcane, League of Legends.

Luz's Appearance:

Raggedy hair, slightly torn clothes, dull hazel eyes without shimmer, and slightly skinny.

Luz's Family:

Camilia Noceda (Blood Mother, Deceased)

Eda Clawthrone (Guardian/Adoptive Mother)

King (Adoptive Brother)

Pairing:

Luz x Amity.

Oneshot for Inspiration:

The sky was clouded and thunder was rumbling as the most wanted witch in the Isles, Eda Clawthorne, was starring in shock at a little girl in an alleyway. Her left sleeve was pulled up and the veins on her arm were visible as they were blackened. The rest of her clothes were a mess as as she looked eyes with Eda as she held a injection tube was in her hand, a glowing, purple substance in it as the girl paused before using.

"No, it can't be." Eda said as she walked to the kid, taking the tube and looking at it. "You're taking Shimmer? A kid your age?!"

"No, no! Give it back! You have to give it back!" Luz said as she reached for it but was too weak, the Shinmsr in her system already wearing off as she fell to the ground. "Please....I need it. Please."

The girl continued to reach for it as Eda could see tears in the her eyes, wanting the one thing that made her feel whole back in her body. A kid so young, a Hexside student, was a junkie.

'This isn't right. It's just not right.' Eda thought before she heard thunder crashing, looking up to the clouds. 'And it's about to rain, I can't just leave her here.'

Looking at the shimmer in her hand and back at the girl, Eda did something she thought she was crazy. Dropping the small bottle, Eda stepped on it and let the drug run in the street.

"No! No! Why?! Why did you do that?!" The girl asked as she cried harder.

"Because a kid like you shouldn't be taking stuff like that. You need to be home with your family and-"

"My mom is dead! I don't have a home or a family. All I had was that." She cried as her tears fell into the shimmer.

"........" Eda couldn't say anything else, all she could do was gently pick up the girl and carry her out of the alleyway. "What's your name, kid?"

".........Luz," the girl replied, too weak to fight back from Eda's embrace. "Where are you taking me?"

"You're gonna be staying with me for a while. Don't worry, you'll get the help you need." Eda said as the boiling rain began to fall, making her quickly create a dome to protect them. "Just relax, Luz. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

'Why is she being so nice to me? And why....does she feel so warm?' Luz thought as she slowly fell asleep, resting her head on Eda's shoulder.