Idea #44: Lucenda Nocdea, A Hamilton Story

Information:

A story of a great heroine told for the first time, in a musical!

Inspiration:

Hamilton, musical

Owl House

Amphibia

Pairing:

Luz X Amity (they have a son, Tom)

Anne X Marcy

Oneshot for Inspiration:

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9." The chorus sang as Luz and Anne stood on a field in the middle of the forest.

"There are 10 things you need to know." Anne said.

"Number one." The chorus sang.

"We sailed on the Hudson river at dawn. My friend, Sprig, had signed on as my -"

"Number two!" The chorus sang.

"Lucenda had arrived with her crew." Anne sang, gazing at Luz's two people. "Willow Parkerson and some doctor that they knew."

"Number three!" The chorus sang.

"I watch as Luz examined the terrain. I just wish I could know what was happening in her brain." Anne sang as she glared at Luz. "This woman poisoned my political pursuits!"

"Most disputes die and no one shoots!" the chorus sang as Luz looked at Anne with pity. "Number four!"

"Noceda drew first position. Looking to the world like a woman on a mission. This is a soldier with a marksman's ability." Anne sang. "The doctor turned around so he could have deniability."

"Five!" The chorus sang.

Now I didn't know this at the time but she was in the same spot. We have so much to too lose, does one of us have to die?" Anne sang as Luz asked the same thing.

"Number six!" The chorus sang.

"She examined her gun with such precision and rigor? I watched as she methodically fiddled with the trigger." Anne sang, sweating a bit.

"Seven!" The chorus sang.

"Confession time? Here's what I got My fellow soldiers'll tell you I'm a terrible shot."

"Number eight!" The chorus sang.

"The last chance to negotiate. We send in our seconds in to finally set the record straight." Luz and Anne sang as they shook hands and walked away from each other.

"Listen up, they won't you thing in your classes but looking up, I saw Luz wearing her glasses!" Anne sang in surprise. "Why?! If not take deadly aim! It's her or me and the world will never be the same! I only had one thought in mind before this slaughter, I refuse to let this woman make an orphan of my daughter!"

"Number Nine!" the chorus sang.

"Look her in the eye, aim no higher! Summon all the courage your require! THEN COUNT!" Anne sang as she and Luz stood face to face and turned around.

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9." the chorus sang as they took the steps and turned around. "10 paces shots fired!"

But Anne was the only one to fire as Luz just looked in shocked as the world seemed to slow down, with her gun not raised fast enough.

"I imagine death so much, it feels like a memory. Is this how it happens? A few feet in front of me?" Luz sang, seeing the bullet moving towards her slowly. "I see it coming, do I run or fire my gun or just let it be? There is no beat, no melody. Anne, my first friend, my enemy and maybe the last face I ever see. If I throw away this shot, is this how you'll remember me? What if the bullet is my legacy? Legacy, what is a legacy?"

Luz thought of her wife, her son, all her time making a difference in democracy, in the war, and even when she was just a child.

"Is if planting seeds in a garden you never get to see? I wrote the notes of a song someone will sing for me. America, you great unfinished symphony, you had sent for me. You let me make a difference, this place where even orphan immigrants leave their fingerprints and rise up!" Luz sang quickly, seeing the bullet getting closer. "I'm running out of time, I'm running, and my time's up! I need to wise up, eyes up-"

Visions of her friends, all dead, flash before her eyes.

"I catch a glimpse of the other side.
Gus leads a soldiers' chorus on the other side! My oldest friends are on the other side! They're with my mother on the other side! Clawthorne is watching from the other side! Please, teach me how to say goodbye! Rise up, rise up, I see see! Amity." Luz sang, a vision of her wife appeared before her as she smiled happily. "My love, take your time. I shall see you on the other side. Let's raise a glass to freedom"

Luz rose her gun up with a smile on her face, shocking everyone around her.

"She's aimed her pistol at the sky!" they sang.

"NO!" Anne screamed as the bullet tore through Luz.

Luz gasped softly as she felt to the ground, dropping her gun and slowly bleeding from her chest.

"......I hit her right between her ribs....I walked to her but I was ushered away." Anne sang, crying slowly as Sprig guided her away.

heard they rod her back across the Hudson.........I went to get a drink." Anne sang, full of regret as she sat in a bar.

"Aaaaaaaaah. Aaaaaaah. Aaaaah." The chorus sang softly.

"I hear wailing in the streets." Anne sang.

"Aaaaaaaaah. Aaaaaaah. Aaaaah." The chorus sang softly as someone walked up to Anne.

"Someone tells me I should hide." Anne sang, looking to that person.

"Aaaaaaaaah. Aaaaaaah. Aaaaah." The chorus sang as Emira and Amity rushed to the hospital to see Luz.

"They said Amity, Tom, and Emira were by Luz's side when she died." Anne sang.

"Death doesn't discriminate, between the sinners and the saints. It just takes and takes and takes. And history can erase. . every picture it takes." Anne sang as as they all cried in pain and sadness.

But they couldn't see Luz's spirit rise from her body. She gazed at them with a sad smile, giving Tom and Emira hugs before she gave Amity a kiss on the cheek. They all gasped from the sudden feelings, able to see Luz one last time before her spirit nodded to them before she turned to leave for the afterlife.

'Mom....' Tom thought.

'Luz....' Emira and Amity thought.

"It's takes me and all of my mistakes. When Lucenda had aimed at the sky, and had become the first of us to die, I'm the one who paid for it. I survived but I always pay for it." Anne sang, making her way to Luz's grave to pay her respects. "Now I'm the villain in her history. I was too young and too blind to seeeeeeee. I should've known, I should've known the world was wide enough for both you and me. I should've known it was wide enough for you and me."

Feeling someone touch her shoulder, Anne turned to the side to see Luz's spirit gazing at her with a sad smile and making Anne gasp.

"I........forgive you." Luz said before she faded away.