Idea #46: Obsidian Widow

Information:

Luz Noceda, an alternate universe daughter of Miguel O'Hara/Spider-Man 2099, is saved after her mother perished in a car crash. Taken in by Miguel and told the "Canon of the Multiverse," Luz is trained to become not only the best Spider-Woman she can be but also to be Miguel's successor in protecting the Spiderverse.

Inspiration:

Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse

Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse

Spider-Man 2099

Family:

Camila Noceda (Deceased)

Manny Noceda (Deceased)

Miguel O'Hara (Alternate Universe father)

Hero Name:

Obsidian Widow

Equipment:

2099 Spider Suit (Similar to Miguel's, only the blue would be black and the red would be blue)

Laser Web Shooters

Electronic Spider Sense

Spider Powers (via special injections):

Enhanced Strength

Enhanced Speed

Enhanced Agility

Enhanced Endurance/Durability

Wall Crawling

Paralyzing Venom

Pairing:

Luz X Peni Parker/SP//dr of Earth-14512

Oneshot for Inspiration (Across the Spiderverse spoilers):

Earth-928: Nuevo York

Inside of the Spider Society, an elite force of Spider-People from across the multiverse/Spiderverse, Miguel and Luz had finished explaining to Miles Morales the importance of "the canon" and the roles they play in it. It was safe to say that Miles didn't like it.

"Miles, you have a choice between saving just one person and saving an entire world." Miguel said, holding a finger up.

"Every world, Miles." Luz said, looking sad but understanding.

"I can do both!" Miles said before gesturing to Peter B. Parker. "Spider-Man always-"

"Not always." Peter B. said sadly, holding his daughter Mayday.

Miles looked back at his mentor/friend, hurt that he didn't stand by him or agree with him.

"Look, Miles, you're a good person and a good Spider-Man." Luz said, walking up to Miles and putting a hand on him before Miles pulled away. "We all are but we all can't have the lives we want."

"Believe me, I have tried." Miguel said, walking next to his alternate daughter. "And the harder I tried, the more damage I did. You can't have it all kid."

Looking around him, Miles saw more and more spider-people walking from the shadows to form a crowd.

"Being Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, a Spider-Animal, or something else is a sacrifice, Miles." Luz said as Miles turned to her. "That's the job you signed up for. What we ALL signed up for."

"Miles." A familiar voice said, making Miles turn his head.

A large spider like robot walked into the light, opening its head to reveal an older, taller, and slightly exhausted Peni Parker.

"Peni?" Miles asked as Peni saw Luz.

The two shared a slight smile before refocusing on Miles.

"What is this? Is this an intervention or something?!" Miles asked, looking around.

"We know it's hard." A new voice said, walking up to reveal the Spectacular Spider-Man. "But it's the truth, Miles."

"Is that why you're here? To let me down easy?" Miles asked, turning to Peter B., Gwen Stacy, and Jessica Drew. "It worked last time. Why not run it back, huh?!"

"Now hold on, hold on." Peter B. said to try and calm him down.

"You were right, Gwen." Miles said, glancing to her. "You should've NEVER come to see me."

Gwen looked hurt by this, unable to reply.

"Kid, look at me-" Peter B. said before Miles cut him off.

"STOP calling me that." Miles said, glancing at him.

"There you go." Hobie Brown/Spider-Punk said with a nod, respecting Miles for his choice.

"Hobie, you're not helping." Jessica Drew/Spider-Woman said to him.

"Good." Hobie replied, still nodding to Miles.

Miles nodded back, glad to have at least one person with him.

"Miles, please listen to me." Peter B. said but Miles turned back to Miguel and Luz.

"You can't ask me not to save my father." Miles said to them.

Luz sighed as she walked to Miles, making him cautious of her, before she gave him a hug. Holding him tightly.

"I know, Miles. We all know." Luz said as her fangs extended. "That's why I have to do this."

With a quick CHOMP, Luz bites Miles's neck!

"UGH!" Miles grunts in pain.

"MILES!" Peter B. and Gwen said as Luz broke the hug, dropping Miles to the floor.

He tried to move, but was paralyzed by Luz's special venom. Miles couldn't even more his lips to speak or activate his Venom Electricity, as Luz looked at him with guilt.

"I'm sorry, Miles, but you need to stay out of this while we deal with Spot." Luz said as Gwen marched up and pushed her back.

"What the hell was that?!" Gwen asked.

"He's only paralyzed, he'll be fine but he needs to be contained!" Luz said to her.

"That was just going too far!" Peter B. said to her, walking up to check on Miles.

"Luz did what she had to do. If Miles leaves now, he'll only cause more damage. You know this." Miguel said as he picked up Miles over his shoulder. "We just need to hold him for a few days."

"This is messed up." Hobie said, turning to walk away.

"Messed up or not, it had to be done." Jessica said, shaking her head.

"LYRA, prepare a special container for Miles. He might use his bio-electricity to break free when he can move again." Luz said to the hologram woman.

"Sure, you got it kid." The program said as Miguel walked away with Miles.

"Also, put together a team of our best to deal with Spot when he reached Miles's universe. We need to beat him there and get ready to contain him." Miguel said as Miles could only look at the ground and silently cry tears of sorrow.

Though his universe may be saved from Spot, his father was going to die. All for the sake of "the canon."