Idea #24: Princess of the Palismen

Information:

As a small child with a fatal sickness, Luz was abandoned in the forest to die at age 3. Luckily, she was found and taken in by the guardian of the forest, the Bat Queen. Feeling sorry for the young baby and a deep connection within her, Bat Queen performs a risky spell that helps to heal Luz so that she may live a full life.........by fusing her with some willing palismen.

Species:

Witch+Palisman hybrid

Luz's Appearance (age 14):

Long messy hair that covers her left eye and reaches her calves, slightly scared body, and palsitrom wood growing from her back down to her right arm. Her clothes are an old tattered shirt that covers her chest and green loincloth, no shoes.

Abilities:

1. Create her own staff from her body.

2. Replicate features from the Palismen she was fused with. Example: Wings, claws, or hind legs.

3. Communicate with Palismen on a much deeper level.

4. Produce/Grow Palistrom wood at will from her right arm.

Family:

Bat Queen, mother

3 bat babies, little brothers

Pairing:

Luz X Viney

Side note:

Luz speaks broken English like her mother.

Oneshot for Inspiration (Aided by MrHardcor3):

It was a special day for Hexside as they were going on a special field trip into the forest outside of Bonesborough, to the legendary Palisman Forest.

"Stay together, children. You don't want to get lost in this forest." Principal Bump said to a group of students, leading them through the forest.

"I heard there was a creature that lurks the forest." A kid said.

"I heard that it eats witches." Another said.

"I heard it's roar could shatter ear drums." Another one said as they hugged their friend.

"Come on, guys. You're not really gonna believe some silly rumors, are you?" Viney asked them.

"Every rumor has some truth to it, Viney. Don't act like you don't believe them too!" One said.

"I do believe there's something out there, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone says." Viney said.

As the class continued through the forest, they were completely unaware of that someone was watching them from atop the trees.

"Intruders, yeet yeet. Mother must know." She said softly.

She let out a few clicking noises and several palismen came to her.

All of them cracked or chipped but still whole as they looked at Luz.

"Go warn mother of intruders. We follow and observe." She said to them.

They responded with more clicking that meant yes.

Two Palismen went off to tell their queen as their princess and 5 other Palismen continued to follow the group of students from above.

Several of the students felt like they were being watched.

The beast keeping students especially since they have been taught to trust their instincts like they were beasts themselves. Viney briskly walked up to the principal and tugged his sleeve a bit.

"Principal Bump. I think we're being followed." Viney whispered.

"There's no need to be worried, I've had the place searched." Bump said.

"And when was that?" Viney asked.

"Just yesterday, so you don't have to worry about any kind of beasts attacking us." Bump said to her.

"Maybe not beast but, what about Palismen?" Viney asked softly.

"They're harmless." Bump said.

Right as he said that, a small monkey palisman swung down before the students a screeched at them to scare the students!

"Awe, it's so cute." Viney said.

Viney however wasn't scared as she grabbed the monkey palisman and began petting it gently.

"Where did you come from, little guy?" She asked the palisman.

The monkey let out a small howl at being pet, it felt nice.

Viney may be a healing track student but she MAY study beast keeping in her spare time.

"See, Viney? We have nothing to worry about." Bump said to her. "Though it is weird, wild palismen usually don't come near people."

"It's probably the monster of the forest! It must've sent it to us!" A student said in a panic!

"Calm down, this little guy doesn't mean any harm." Viney said, petting the monkey palisman. "Isn't that right?"

The palisman nodded to Viney as the mystery girl watch from above, shocked and amazed by Viney.

"Such gentle nature." she said as the other Palismen sniffed in agreement.

Suddenly, a loud flapping sound was heard as everyone looked around for the source.

"Mother." The mysterious girl said.

"Who enter my woods?!" Bat Queen shouted.

Everyone watched as the Bat Queen landed before them, scaring all of them as they took a step back at the sight of her.

"W-Who are you?" Viney asked, holding the monkey palisman protectively before it jumped out of her arms.

"I Bat Queen, protector of forest. Daughter warn me of intruders." Bat Queen said as the monkey palisman climbed into her hair. "Now, who in forest? Why you in my forest?"

Principal Bump quickly straightened himself and walked to Bat Queen, bowing to her a bit.

"My apologies, Ms. Bat Queen but I arranged this as a field trip to the legendary Palisman Forest. I had no idea it had you as its ruler." Bump said to her, knowing how rich Bat Queen was.

"And did you say you have a daughter?" Viney added out of curiosity.

Bat Queen looked sad at the question, remembering how she came to have a daughter.

"Girl abandoned, young age, left to die." Bat Queen said, forgetting her anger. "I raise her, protect her."

Seeing their expressions at this, Bat Queen could see they are no threat but they were still not welcome in her forest. Bat Queen's eyes flashed yellow, telepathically communicating with her daughter.

'Luz, come down. They no threat.' Bat Queen thought.

Luz nodded to her message and jumped from the trees, revealing herself and letting them get a look at the so called "Beast of the Forest."

She didn't look at all like a beast but she didn't look like any witch they had seen before. She had brown skin and hazel eyes with long messy black hair that covered her left eye while reaching down to her her calves. Her body was slinky muscular with slight scars all over, what covered her was an old tattered shirt over her chest and green loincloth but the most eye catching detail about her was that some sort of blue wood was growing from her back down to her right arm.

"As I the Bat Queen of Palisman Forest, daughter is princess. Say hello, Luz." Bat Queen said as she smiled to Luz.

"Hello, yi yi." Luz said, still suspicious of the group but was friendly.

'Wow~.' Viney thought with a blush, gazing at Luz in awe. 'She's kind of cute... in a lost puppy kind of way.'

Luz felt her gaze and looked to Viney, feeling a spark jolt between them as a silent connection was made.